Throtle cable bracket

bclark05

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just painted the bracket and I was wondering the adjustment of the little white clip on the throtle cable. I know I didn't need to take it off but it was to late when I found that out. I am thinking that all I have to do is put the throtle cable back in it's hole and hook it up. Then pull it down a little bit to take the tension off and slide the clip back on. Just checking to see if I am doing it right first before i put it back together. :dontknow:

Thanks Brad

is it the throttle cable or the tv tranny cable?

ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE

1.Turn ignition switch to OFF position.
2.Remove air cleaner if necessary.
3.Disconnect cable end (3)(Throttle Valve Cable at Throttle Linkage) from attachment stud on throttle lever (1). Carefully slide cable off stud. Do not pry or pull cable off.
4.Verify that transmission throttle lever is in fully closed position. Then be sure lever on throttle body is at curb idle position.
5.Pry the T.V. cable lock (A) into the UP position. This will unlock the cable and allow for readjustment.
6.Apply just enough tension on the T.V. cable (B) to remove any slack in the cable. Pulling too tight will cause the T.V. lever on the transmission to move out of its idle position, which will result in an incorrect T.V. cable
7.Adjustment. Slide the sheath of the T.V. cable (D) back and forth until the centerlines of the T.V. cable end (B) and the throttle bell crank lever (C) are aligned within one millimeter (1mm).
8.While holding the T.V. cable in the set position push the T.V. cable lock (A) into the down position. This will lock the present T.V. cable adjustment.
NOTE: Be sure that as the cable is pulled forward and centered on the throttle lever stud, the cable housing moves smoothly with the cable. Due to the angle at which the cable housing enters the spring housing, the cable housing may bind slightly and create an incorrect adjustment.

9.Reconnect the T.V. cable (B) to the throttle bellcrank lever (C).
10.Check cable adjustment. Verify transmission throttle lever and lever on throttle body move simultaneously.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:

ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE

3.Disconnect cable end (3)(Throttle Valve Cable at Throttle Linkage) from attachment stud on throttle lever (1). Carefully slide cable off stud. Do not pry or pull cable off.
4.Verify that transmission throttle lever is in fully closed position. Then be sure lever on throttle body is at curb idle position.
5.Pry the T.V. cable lock (A) into the UP position. This will unlock the cable and allow for readjustment.
6.Apply just enough tension on the T.V. cable (B) to remove any slack in the cable. Pulling too tight will cause the T.V. lever on the transmission to move out of its idle position, which will result in an incorrect T.V. cable
7.Adjustment. Slide the sheath of the T.V. cable (D) back and forth until the centerlines of the T.V. cable end (B) and the throttle bell crank lever (C) are aligned within one millimeter (1mm).
8.While holding the T.V. cable in the set position push the T.V. cable lock (A) into the down position. This will lock the present T.V. cable adjustment.
NOTE: Be sure that as the cable is pulled forward and centered on the throttle lever stud, the cable housing moves smoothly with the cable. Due to the angle at which the cable housing enters the spring housing, the cable housing may bind slightly and create an incorrect adjustment.

10.Check cable adjustment. Verify transmission throttle lever and lever on throttle body move simultaneously.
:needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics:

includemeout said:
:needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:

ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE

Thanks Tony, I got it fingered out after a couple of full throtle runs:D :D :D
Thanks again guys.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back