throttle body

I had severe problems with my JTSVP TB. Bores were all screwed up and was a god awful disaster.

I bought a BBK, installed- and have been right ever since. No idle problems. Nothing.

Morning, yes I've got a scan tool of sorts it an Innovate OT-2 that links to my IPhone via an App called "log works" however of all the channels listed that it's reading I can't find one with "IAC" in its title?
Regards the rubber hose it's a short length that feeds the IAC directly from the Roe air filter and bypassing the throttle body, when I have the bonnet up and am opening and closing the throttle I can hear air still being sucked through this tube as the revs are dropping as if the IAC is closing too slowly and to be honest I didn't expect the IAC to be open when the throttle is opened? When I clamp this hose shut with some grips the revs are really sharp and drop as you'd expect.
I notice that the throttle is hanging for a second or two more when the truck is warm than cold, any advice would be useful.
One thing that I must mention is that to fit the Roe supercharger I had to lengthen the four cables to the IAC, I am 99% sure that I joined them correctly but two are colored very similar and I'm wondering if that could be an issue? I will swap them around tonight and report back....

Your wiring or IAC is just going out. One thing you may to is ensure throttle blade/blades are lined up correctly and not sticking in bore. Also make sure boost isn't blowing TB open. Even though you
Let of throttle blower is still turning and building a bit of boost till it slows down.

Your wiring or IAC is just going out. One thing you may to is ensure throttle blade/blades are lined up correctly and not sticking in bore. Also make sure boost isn't blowing TB open. Even though you
Let of throttle blower is still turning and building a bit of boost till it slows down.

Thanks for joining in, the throttle blade moves nicely and when I let off the throttle it definitely shuts closed. What's happening is that the IAC seems to be slow at closing when I let off the throttle, I'm not even sure that the IAC should be open when I raise the revs? I replaced both the IAC and TPS as I had some in stock just to be sure and as mentioned previously when I blank off the air supply to the IAC the revs are really nice and crisp with no hanging.....

Try removing IAC, extending pintle outwards, and reinstalling. You should have to push iac into place, as the pintle seats against intake seat. This will give you a fully closed IAC. Leave it unplugged and drive and see how it does. Throttle blade should not be 100% closed. You have a slight bit entering TB and IAC controls the rest. TPS voltage should be .68 or close with throttle shut. You could also have a vacuum leak and when you pinch off IAC air it's getting needed air from vacuum leak. Once you open IAC air it can't control extra air from intake leak goes haywire. Just some things to check boss

I had Roe racing TB on my truck and I had idle issues from the start I tried everything! Then I put the bbk TB on and bam no issues and dyno numbers didn't change!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back