Touchy brakes?

TDay

Reaction score
My 05 RC has really touchy brakes. Is that normal?

Before I bought my truck, I test drove both a quad cab and a regular cab. The quad cab brakes felt "normal", but the RC brakes seemed super sensitive (takes very little pedal effort to stop).

-TDay.

my 04 is the same way. i let my friend drive the truck sometimes and the first couple times he hits the brakes our heads almost hit the windshield :D he says one day he'll remember that they're that touchy

Exactly!
After I've driven one of my other vehicles and then get back into the Dodge, it takes me a couple jerky stops to get back used to the brakes.

-TDay.

same as me, when i first test drove the '04 rc and i almost have my dealer throw out through windshield haha

TDay said:
My 05 RC has really touchy brakes. Is that normal?

Before I bought my truck, I test drove both a quad cab and a regular cab. The quad cab brakes felt "normal", but the RC brakes seemed super sensitive (takes very little pedal effort to stop).

-TDay.

That's the way mine were until I replaced the pads with EBC that I purchased from Boomer. It stops so much better now, it has much better feel (plus cleaner wheels).

My '06 is touchy too! What do those EBC pads run? I would love to have cleaner wheels plus not throw my ass out the windshield each time I stop.

Hell...when Bone put the EBC's on his quad...I thought they bit even better than the stockers. Less dust ....more bite:dontknow:

Mine are touchy also. But once you get used to it they are awesome. The worst part is when I am driving the SRT and switch to the CTD. Two totally different animals.

if its a brake dust issue, the front wheels are always dirty, right? especially on the inside where you cant reach unless you take the wheels off to clean them,right? and when the fronts are dirty, the backs are clean. heres what i did...take all 4 wheels off, clean them very good, and paint the insides of each wheel with flat black paint. now it doesnt bother me anymore,just clean the wheel like normal and the black insides make the polished alum. stand out more. my wheels never look dirty anymore.

I installed the EBC Green pads and slotted rotors on my sons 2002 Camaro. The EBCs seem to work well for him.

Yes, brake dust is really bad on the fronts. Reminds me of those cheap brake pads you get at the quickie/budget brake places.

-TDay.

davo19 said:
if its a brake dust issue, the front wheels are always dirty, right? especially on the inside where you cant reach unless you take the wheels off to clean them,right? and when the fronts are dirty, the backs are clean. heres what i did...take all 4 wheels off, clean them very good, and paint the insides of each wheel with flat black paint. now it doesnt bother me anymore,just clean the wheel like normal and the black insides make the polished alum. stand out more. my wheels never look dirty anymore.

Post up some pics!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back