Toyota tundra

RAMDUDE

DOGFATHER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anybody seen the tundra commerical on TV pulling the space ship ?

I don't think that truck could pull 290,000 pounds :confused::confused::confused::confused:

And the fine print kills me.

Never read the fine print but I've fast forwarded through that commercial a handful of times during this Cowboys game. It just pisses me off that they try to make it look like it could actually pull it.

There's no damn way unless it was pulling down the side of a mountain.

A guy on another forum said he owns a Tunda and posted something about him calling BS on their forum and it was immediately locked and him banned.

Sure it can and it did!! Think srtbrad had the actual vid he recorded. Hell it's on wheels, what's so hard to believe? Don't think there was any tongue weight, just a movable bar hookup kinda like an rv to a pull along vehicle.

Sure it can and it did!! Think srtbrad had the actual vid he recorded. Hell it's on wheels, what's so hard to believe? Don't think there was any tongue weight, just a movable bar hookup kinda like an rv to a pull along vehicle.

Yup figure in the mechanical advantage of 4LO and I could see it moving that much weight

It weighed 85 tons.
A 1500 isn't going to pull that down the road.
The Tundra has a MAX towing capacity of 10,400 pounds.

I just don't see it.

It weighed 85 tons.
A 1500 isn't going to pull that down the road.
The Tundra has a MAX towing capacity of 10,400 pounds.

I just don't see it.

Yeah that's what it is rated for towing down the road, which is limited by suspension and braking more than actual engine power

possible since its just rolling weight of coures truck probably has a new transmission in it now lol

Imagine pulling your baby brother in a lil red wagon with no wheels! Now add wheels and see how much easier it is? I'm not a body builder but can and have pushed my 5500lb truck a few times. Why couldn't a 4wd pickup gear reduced into 4 low pull the space shuttle 5 mph down city blocks?

There was a thread regarding that pull, on this very forum. The Tundra did indeed move the space shuttle for a very short way.

As much as it pains me to admit it, yes that did happen and I'm pretty sure any modern pick up truck could have accomplished this. It takes the question of longevity out of the equation and a complete marketing scheme, which will probably sell more Tundras.

Think about it like the Strong man competition where they pull a 50k lb semi. Once you get it rolling it doesn't take near the energy of just getting it to roll. I watched it and thought it had a supercharged banner across the windshield not that it means anything.

Think about it like the Strong man competition where they pull a 50k lb semi. Once you get it rolling it doesn't take near the energy of just getting it to roll. I watched it and thought it had a supercharged banner across the windshield not that it means anything.

No, fine print said stock truck pulled very short distance correct, but they way they show it on TV it's beingpulled for blocks. Even toyota said never to do this. But why say that if the truck can move it ?

I just see parts breaking left and right, that's a lot of weight to pull, from a dead stop.

We move ships on our shiplift all the time, using the trucks named Tug. They have like 1400FT LBS and some times they need a bump from another truck, and there is no tounge weight also.

I feel that truck might of moved it, But that was not a stock truck like they are saying it was.

Imagine pulling your baby brother in a lil red wagon with no wheels! Now add wheels and see how much easier it is? I'm not a body builder but can and have pushed my 5500lb truck a few times. Why couldn't a 4wd pickup gear reduced into 4 low pull the space shuttle 5 mph down city blocks?

yea but then imagine going up a incline were you feel the weight being pulled, or down a hill were the weight pushes you.

i have pulled 12k lbs with my 18hp john deere mower(not lowes knock off), doesnt mean it could pull it all day, just means i got it moving for a short period of time. one of the quad cab 10's could have done it just as easy even tho it has no 4-low IMO

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back