Track tonight

ViperTruck2933

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to Gateway Intl for some fun tonight.

Wish there were some more Ram SRT10s around here to hang with. :mad:

My friend has a brand new 04 Viper SRT10 that he's bringing out. :burnout: Should be fun to watch.:p

Have a good time and keep the wheels down. Don't let that Viper beat you too badly...:burnout:

Stretch

ViperTruck2933 said:
Hahaha, Shame on you Blake......12.99 or better :rock:

Don't worry Bro, I won't be seeing nothin but his freakin tail lights. :2in1:

Simple green your tires.......

ViperTruck2933 said:
Don't worry Bro, I won't be seeing nothin but his freakin tail lights. :2in1:

Haha - When I went last year my bud had his '04 Black Mamba Viper. I ran the time in my sig to his 12.22 @ 118. Not on that run though. When I ran my 12.8, he schmoked the tires off the line sooo damn bad - I left him in my dust! :D :rock:

Anxious to hear what you and the Viper run - Good Luck!

ViperTruck2933 said:
Spray it on straight or mix it? If so, what % :dontknow:

Thx

spray on straight then wipe off.....DRIVE AROUND THE WATER BOX.....do a little burn out....more of a quick scrub....and you are set....the street grime comes off and you can actually feel how sticky the rubber is without all the shite on them....little rocks stick to the tires just like a slick....

Nowwhat said:
spray on straight then wipe off.....DRIVE AROUND THE WATER BOX.....do a little burn out....more of a quick scrub....and you are set....the street grime comes off and you can actually feel how sticky the rubber is without all the shite on them....little rocks stick to the tires just like a slick....

Thats a good tip Nowhat.

Good luck vipertruck. Your fast already......so dam close to 12's!! Git er done dude!!!:burnout:

patrick

Nowwhat said:
What the? Never heard of this. What are the benefits??

Nowwhat said:
results.....?.....
Not good. Heat and bad air,,,,errr, yeah that's it, LOL. My mph was down from 108 to 106 and my best run was a 13.2. I have a great video of me killing a Camaro SS on that run but it's huge (8mb). If someone can downsize it for me I'll email it to ya.

Viper didn't get to run. Bonehead showed up wearing short pants and they wouldn't let him drive. :(

I had to call an early night when I smoked my clutch a little on a 3500 rpm launch. :2in1: I don't think I did any permanent damage. It still grabbed pretty good on the drive home after cooling down. Track was hookin pretty well though. No complaints there.

All in all a great time. :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Not good. Heat and bad air,,,,errr, yeah that's it, LOL. My mph was down from 108 to 106 and my best run was a 13.2. I have a great video of me killing a Camaro SS on that run but it's huge (8mb). If someone can downsize it for me I'll email it to ya.

Viper didn't get to run. Bonehead showed up wearing short pants and they wouldn't let him drive. :(

I had to call an early night when I smoked my clutch a little on a 3500 rpm launch. :2in1: I don't think I did any permanent damage. It still grabbed pretty good on the drive home after cooling down. Track was hookin pretty well though. No complaints there.

All in all a great time. :rock:

60'......?

Did you simple green....?.....

As always I am sure it was fun as hell....:D

Nowwhat said:
60'......?

Did you simple green....?.....

As always I am sure it was fun as hell....:D
2.1 sixty. I was alot heavier this time out with 1/2 tank of gas, spare and tailgate on. Prolly what killed my mph too.:(

Didn't get to simple green. Didn't have a lot of spin either though. Track was pretty good. (NHRA coming next week):p Was hooking good enough to burn the clutch with a 3500 rpm launch. :D

Another point for discussion here....I adjusted my shift points this time out.

Last time I shifted all gears just below redline at around 6000 rpms and ran 13.07@108mph.
This time I shifted at 5500 to 5600 rpms to try and stay more in the hp torque band. But I only went 13.2@106mph.

Wondering if the lower shift points helped any at all. Although I had more weight this time and the temps were warmer?:confused:

:dontknow:

What about a launch at about 3000-3250 RPM's, would do you think of that range? Also, smelling clutch after a couple of runs is not a very bad signal is it? I have wondered how far one can go before you have to call it quits. Thanks.

RedRamRules said:
What about a launch at about 3000-3250 RPM's, would do you think of that range? Also, smelling clutch after a couple of runs is not a very bad signal is it? I have wondered how far one can go before you have to call it quits. Thanks.
That last run was the first time I have EVER smelled clutch burn in my truck and it was enough to convince me to give it a rest, LOL.:rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
That last run was the first time I have EVER smelled clutch burn in my truck and it was enough to convince me to give it a rest, LOL.:rock:

Stocker just cant take it!! When you upgrade, you will be in the 12's easy!!! Centerforce holds so much more than the stocker.

Good thing you rested it after smelling the clutch. Thats a whole lotta heat in there, clutch fluid was probably WAY TOO hot as well.

Colder air and changing out your clutch and you are flying dude!!!

patrick

BAH - Last year I was leaving at 4,000rpms on an ultra-sticky track. NO wheelspin at all and got a 1.87 60'. Never smelled any clutch that day! IMO(at least for the time being), as long as you don't ride the stock clutch too much, it'll work pretty good.

About a year ago I was F'n around on a back road, in the middle of the night, practicing my launch. I slipped it a bit too much and cooked the clutch - stinky!:p It was slippin' like a bitch all the way home, but after it sat all night and cooled back off it worked just fine again.

IMO, the heat is what cost you the 2 mph. It'll kill ya every time.:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back