Traction Problems!! Please Help

cyalata

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well last night finally took the risk of racing a procharged mustang his car runs good but i know my truck has to have more hp but the diff in weight prob makes up for that any ways from a dead stop i had to pretty much play catch up yea i ended up losing by a car and a half or so but getting blew out of the hole by 5 cars jus really aint cool but from the roll i demolished his car so pretty much need to know some ideas on bringing this truck out were i can have a decent take off because last night it was pretty much jus a smoke show from the tires so someone help me out !!!!!

if your hitting a track Drag radials are a must ,,if your street racing well you will need some work to get it to stick ,,,spinning tires are a problem with the oem tires,,like them doors you got ,,,

tires

running toyo proxes s/t tires same size as stock i am buying a set of slicks for track racing but do more street racing than at the the track

05dodgesrt10 said:
running toyo proxes s/t tires same size as stock i am buying a set of slicks for track racing but do more street racing than at the the track

tub bed and get bigger tires ,,there is a thread of a member doing this ,,it looks sweet too,,you got a set of cal-tracs on it ,,it will help,,you also can get a set of 325 for rears

Last edited:
traction

no only got a xmetal lowering kit you happen to have a link to the guy tubbin i might be interested in that lol i didint know if my truck could be out of tune or what since i havent slapped it on the dyno since the recent s/c addition and would cal-tracs help and were can i get them thanks

sent ya the link ,,happy shopping he has tons of stuff you will love :D

traction

awesome look forward to the wife ripping my ass for spending more money lol

05dodgesrt10 said:
awesome look forward to the wife ripping my ass for spending more money lol

its called the srt-10 sickness here the more you get the more you want lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is what I did. Mine is the tubbed truck mentioned earlier.

Ironhead said:
its called the srt-10 sickness here the more you get the more you want lol

BWAHAHAHAHA! TRUE! I was telling my friends Saturday after I ran my new best-"Now if I could only get my 1/4 times down into the 11.90's.":D

4DR VYPR said:
BWAHAHAHAHA! TRUE! I was telling my friends Saturday after I ran my new best-"Now if I could only get my 1/4 times down into the 11.90's.":D

and when you get 11.90 you will want 11.50 lol ,,,after i got all bolt ons i thought i would be good ,,now im thinking S/C,,,,,,,,,:rock: :rock: :rock:

i was gonna sugest delete the SC for traction but i aint got one and i still got traction issues so you might better keep it

if you swapped your stock shocks out with the x-metal ones go back to stock. then caltracs. IMO the BFG's are a good investment also.

Remove stock gas tank, remove spare tire,replace with a new fuel tank,build
a spare tire mount for the right side of the truck (inside the bedside)
and,
Install a set of long lift / latter bars

Problem solved

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back