Trouble Code P0325

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LitemUp, Aug 22, 2006.

Car Parts
  1. LitemUp

LitemUp Active Member Supporting Member

Guys,

I been having trouble code P0325 "check engine" pop-up everytime it rains here in Miami, FL which is just about everyday. The truck starts off with a rough idle and going thru the gears the engine back fires and the idle at times doesn't go below 1500 rpm. The funny thing is that after it happens I disconnect the battery for about an hour and reconnect and the truck runs perfect until it rains again.

Yesterday was the last straw swaped out the PCM and installed the stock one and to my surprise my check engine light tuned on today. So, I got in my truck and high tailed it to the dealer to get it fixed.

I have done some research and found the code P0325 to be a faulting knock sensor. I know that there are a few guys out there that have had this problem before and are very interested in getting it fixed. As soon as I get the truck back from the dealer I will do a follow up post to let you know what was done to correct the problem with part numbers and location if possible.

2. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Active Member Supporting Member

Are you running 93 octane? You might need your timing dialed back. Well I'm not really sure. If the knock sensor is bad, then I don't really know what to do.

3. silversrt

silversrt Full Access Member

I was under the impression that the 04 's dont have a knock sensor.:dontknow: :confused: Perhaps someone can chime in and clarify.

4. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Active Member Supporting Member

I think you are right. I didn't pick up on that. Maybe the flash is set for an 05 and it gives you the code for faulty knock sensor cause you aint got one.

5. Stingray

Stingray Full Access Member

Are you sure it wasn't code P0320? That is for the crank sensor and can cause the driveability issues you have. If the PCM was flashed with a 05 calibration, that code along with others would set ANY time the engine is running.

silversrt - You are correct, 04's do not have knock sensors.

6. Bone

Bone New Member Supporting Member

7. areuv

areuv Full Access Member

Hey Alex, you and I discussed this before as I had the same problem, not to discredit anybody's opinion, but you have the problem with the stage2 pcm, then you put the stock one back in and same problem, it's not pcm, I don't think it's bad gas, I truely believe that it is related to something getting wet around throttle body through the vent on hood, maybe your TPS gets wet, throws the voltage off causing lean condition and hence knock sensor issue, I will tell you that when my truck had this problem I would crank the shit out of it to try and get it started and it would backfire through intake like the timing was off

8. NBT

NBT Full Access Member

:dito: Coincidence that it's when it rains?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  9. LitemUp

This only happens when it rains. Its not bad gas. I don't the PCM is the problem because it happened again after I swapped back to the stock PCM. After I pulled the Stage 2 flashed I saw written on it 05 SRT. Is there any difference between an 04 flash and 05 flash? Do you guys think an 05 flash PCM could have contributed to this trouble code?

The weird thing is as you all mentioned before was that the 04 does not come with a knock sensor. :confused:

In any case I will keep you guys posted.

10. Stingray

Back to my original question, are you sure your code was P0325?

Also, did your truck ever have a VECII installed at some point?

11. LitemUp

I am POSITIVE the code was P0325. I far as I know the truck NEVER had VECII installed. I purchased it used with only 2500 miles.

12. Stingray

Well, I wish I could help you. But code P0325 doesn't exist for the 04's :dontknow:

Has the dealer found anything yet?

13. LitemUp

Nope. Its funny that you mentioned that the trouble code doesn't exist for the 04. My Stage 2 flashed PCM has written on it 05 SRT. Do you think the PCM screwed up another sensor? Also, Is the Stage 2 flash the same for the 04 and the 05, or are they the same?