Twin supercharged SVT

is that possible on our trucks??? That is the first time i heard of 2 superchargers

Annu Kumar said:
is that possible on our trucks??? That is the first time i heard of 2 superchargers

i was wondering the same thing.. shure would be bad ass

It's a beast but it sounds like a clatterbox with all those pulleys under the hood.....

D

Django said:
It's a beast but it sounds like a clatterbox with all those pulleys under the hood.....

D

Yeah,but wouldn't be one helluva Beast under the hood with one of our engines ???? :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Annu Kumar said:
how could the engine handle 18psi?? can you imagine how that would pull:burnout:
Obviously the engine would need to be Built in the same manner as a TwinTurbo setup.

Which brings me to my question -

What advantage would Twin SC's have over TT's, other than instant-off-the-line boost, and of course the 'Bling' factor?:dontknow:

Id go TT all day before twin supercharged. Very unique setup (especially for a lightning) but doesnt seem efficient enough.... or it may just be me:confused: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Annu Kumar said:
how could the engine handle 18psi?? can you imagine how that would pull:burnout:

I am running 15 psi on cast 9.6 to 1 pistons in my ford 5.4,(w/huge intercooler), that truck is probably running the 8.4 to 1 forged blower pistons or other custom pistons, I would think.

Hamrhead said:
Obviously the engine would need to be Built in the same manner as a TwinTurbo setup.

Which brings me to my question -

What advantage would Twin SC's have over TT's, other than instant-off-the-line boost, and of course the 'Bling' factor?:dontknow:

twin turbos are not that uncommon but twin superchargers on the other hand:rock: :rock:

supercar1of1 said:

I am running 15 psi on cast 9.6 to 1 pistons in my ford 5.4,(w/huge intercooler), that truck is probably running the 8.4 to 1 forged blower pistons or other custom pistons, I would think.

Good friend has a 07 Shelby GT 500, has a 3.3 Whipple and is running 21.5 lbs of boost on the stock bottom end (with Hypertherneutic pistons).
He makes 819 RWHP.
It does not sound like a thrashing machine, like the Lightning.

Twin turbos are much more efficient, but that twin blower set up looks cool.

FSTJACK said:
Good friend has a 07 Shelby GT 500, has a 3.3 Whipple and is running 21.5lbs of boost on the stock bottom end (with Hypertherneutic pistons).
He makes 819 RWHP.
It does not sound like a thrashing machine, like the Lightning.

Twin turbos are much more efficient, but that twin blower set up looks cool.

Thanks, I've been wondering why mine hasn't gone 'BOOM' yet.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back