venting

Django said:
This is only a problem because you've allowed him to continue with you this long.

Take responsibility, man up and fire this guy or it may be you who is terminated because you are unfit for a position of leadership....

Lose this guy immediately...... There is no moral dilema......

D

me getting fired not going to happen ,,but i just feel bad for him cause his wife is a peice of crap

Ironhead said:
me getting fired not going to happen ,,but i just feel bad for him cause his wife is a peice of crap

Hehe..Dont think YOU are irreplaceable..I fell into that trap once, and can tell you that you ARE replaceable at any time. Business is business.
As for the guy with the problems, I would tell him that his personal issues are costing the company too much money. You will be doing him a favor by letting him go in the long run. He obviously needs to get his sh*t in a pile and you are providing the opportunity for him to do just that.
Good luck to you both. Firing people is never easy, no matter the cause.

I know it's tough to let someone go. I've had to release a number of guys from my business when they wouldn't do the work the way I wanted it done. But $5K in damage, $7K in damage?? This guy is gonna kill someone not paying attention to what he's doing. Time to say goodbye.

It sucks to have to fire someone, but you have to do what you have to do.

Bill.

Riff62 said:
Hehe..Dont think YOU are irreplaceable..I fell into that trap once, and can tell you that you ARE replaceable at any time. Business is business.
As for the guy with the problems, I would tell him that his personal issues are costing the company too much money. You will be doing him a favor by letting him go in the long run. He obviously needs to get his sh*t in a pile and you are providing the opportunity for him to do just that.
Good luck to you both. Firing people is never easy, no matter the cause.

i quit here about 5 years ago and went to work for IGLOO ,the guys who make the coolers you bumms chill your beer in ,,i was there for over two years ,,every two weeks i was gone the owner called me wanting to come back to work for him ,:p

Ironhead said:
i quit here about 5 years ago and went to work for IGLOO ,the guys who make the coolers you bumms chill your beer in ,,i was there for over two years ,,every two weeks i was gone the owner called me wanting to come back to work for him ,:p

Was he gay too????:D :D :D

i have to hire and fire where i work...firing is easy-cause to get fired they deserve it...laying people off is what sucks....its hard to go to someone who is doing a good job and shows up on time and does everything right and tell them that we have to let them go. when you fire someone, they bring it on themselves and thats what makes it easier...especially in your case where the guy is causing so much damage...i have had friends work for me before, but like i always tell them, i stop being your friend at the gate, and inside, i am the boss, after we leave, we can be friends again...hope you get it worked out, but dont stress too much.

Ironhead said:

My experience:
I worked for a small biotech company for 8 years. I was hired as a maintenance tech, and moved up pretty quickly to run that dept. We opened a new plant in 04? I basically built that place. Everything from construction to equipment installation to cleaning toilets. There is virtually nothing in that place that I didnt have a hand in building, designing or purchasing. They have some of the only processes in the world for some specific products, all designed by me. The company was barely cracking 100k in yearly sales when I started. When I left they were at something like 12 mil. I hired, fired, coached and trained nearly all of the current employees including managers.
My boss and I were freinds, our kids hung out together, etc.
Unfortunately, as you get higher up the food chain, your mistakes become magnified. I had a project going that was taking too long to complete due to changes in scope, etc, and I got bogged down in details. I designed some small items that didnt work out as expected, and the owner got upset. I ordered some SS bolts for our new pallet racking system that were too long. I corrected the mistake but it was just another nail in the coffin as it were. In the end, they eliminated my position as is the official story. I was really let go because I made some mistakes, and they couldnt live with them. In the grand scheme of things, the mistakes were just part of life. Nothing huge, just added up it was too much. I was let go by the general manager, and not the owner.
I have yet to hear from anyone other than the owner and a couple of guys I have run into here and there in 9 months. This was even during my brain surgery earlier this year. No one called to see how I was doing.. I went to a restaurant the other night where, unknown to me, the company was having a party for the interns who were returning to school. There was a guy there who I hired trained and worked with every day I was there. When he got up to leave, he walked right by me without a word, like he didnt even see me.
The point of all this, is when your time is up, it doesnt matter who you are or what you have done and how well you did it. You are gone, thats all. You cant predict it, you cant change it. Its just a job and you arent any better off than the guy next to you...Just my 2 cents..

FATJACK said:
Was he gay too????:D :D :D

not for me, but he said he wanted to butt hump this guy i know named fatjack cause he said he squeeled like a pig :p

It has been my experience to have a second party in the room with you when you present the damage he has done and fire him. You have a witness, and there is no "he said, she said" BS. Especially if you fear the guy will go off the handle.....Just my 2 cents worth anyway.:marchmellow:

You have a third option. You can tell him to take a leave of absence until he resolves his personal problems. I don't suggest that though. This guy has made his bed. I do not allow cell phones to be on at work. Employees can check messages and return calls during break but the phones stay on silent and out of their reach during work. Also, the reason the guy who takes 20 smoke breaks a day had the balls to blow smoke in your face is because he knows you don't fire people even when they deserve it. You are allowing your work environment to be degraded by allowing these guys to continually screw up. You're going to dig yourself a hole you can't climb out of if you don't start getting tough. All my managers have to have a lot of bitch in them. They don't take any crap and the quality is top notch because of it. It's not being unfair, it's ensuring the highest quality standards. Allowing slackers is unfair to the hard workers and before you know it, you won't have any hard workers. Get tough or you will suffer the consequences.

ChrisAZ said:
You have a third option. You can tell him to take a leave of absence until he resolves his personal problems. I don't suggest that though. This guy has made his bed. I do not allow cell phones to be on at work. Employees can check messages and return calls during break but the phones stay on silent and out of their reach during work. Also, the reason the guy who takes 20 smoke breaks a day had the balls to blow smoke in your face is because he knows you don't fire people even when they deserve it. You are allowing your work environment to be degraded by allowing these guys to continually screw up. You're going to dig yourself a hole you can't climb out of if you don't start getting tough. All my managers have to have a lot of bitch in them. They don't take any crap and the quality is top notch because of it. It's not being unfair, it's ensuring the highest quality standards. Allowing slackers is unfair to the hard workers and before you know it, you won't have any hard workers. Get tough or you will suffer the consequences.

you ran two different guys into your reply for the smoker ,,i canned him on thursday because he told me he has a goddamn right to smoke cause he was a man ,,,so i told him to pack his shit and git cause im the man lol,,he had only been there like 6 days,, he was late twice and did not show up for work on friday last week ,,,as for the other one with wife problems he was a great worker for a year and a half till his crap face wife did this to him ,,and if you seen her face you would know why i call her crap face lol,,
This morning the guy that is his supervisor of his shift told me he plans on leaving everyday from now on at 5 pm so he can CHECK on his family,,he works a 7 to 7 shift 4 days a week,, but i know he wants to chase her dumb ass out of the bar she hangs at ,,so he just made up my mind for me ,,,happy holiday your fired bubba ,,i tried and he just buried himself ,today,and for the other comments on me being worried about someone going off he can take his best swing ,,im far from a little man ,,and my wife says i have needed an ass whooping for twenty years now ,,,but he is only half my size lol,,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back