Viper "Fangs" ignition keys and instructions

VENOMOUS1 RACING

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

A must have for all SRT Viper Truck owners. Great conversation piece and much better than looking at the ugly Rams head. Your factory alarm does continue to work (horn honking upon entry) although the ignition can be started without a "chipped key". Many have run like this for years with no thefts among us ;)

$50 for a pair shipped for UNDIPPED FANGS KEY
$75 for a piar shipped and DIPPED:burnout:

Carbon Fiber and Snakeskin Viper keys coming soon :)

Last edited:
Is there any way to do key surgery to take the chip from the ram key and install it into the viper key? Just wondering :)
If it were a softer plastic cast of the key you sure could. It's very hard plastic though so don't think it would work.

Last edited by a moderator:
06 key is different...wish I had a way to do something similar myself. I think my key is the only thing with the Ram Head still on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
06 key is different...wish I had a way to do something similar myself. I think my key is the only thing with the Ram Head still on it!

You can do something with it! It would be a key and remote set up seperate from each other. You can use the keys that Venomous is selling and you can remove the key portion from your remote. The chipped portion will remain in the remote and the signal will still be present to start the vehicle.

04/05 and 06 key fobs are not interchangeable / you can program 04/05 key to work with the 06 but not the fob

Last edited:
A little off topic.......

Here is a quick question for you. On my 06 I can't activate or de-activate my alarm or get the doors to unlock unless I am right outside of the cab. I mean like within 2 feet. I have put new batteries in the remote and have actually added two new remotes without any change. Is there anyway to get more range than that or is it the nature of the beast?

The wife's Challenger (09) can get the signal from close to 100 - 150 yards out

I imagine it has to do with the receiver itself and not transmitter fobs. Maybe sound deadner added to truck or something that shields the signal to receiver. My thoughts anyways. :)

Think he's saying remove key from fob of 06 and just use the remote minus built in key.

Yes, exactly. :D

I imagine it has to do with the receiver itself and not transmitter fobs. Maybe sound deadner added to truck or something that shields the signal to receiver. My thoughts anyways. :)

Agreed, if both keys do the same thing it is a problem with the WCM, not the keys.

The o6's can use this p/n 5026024AD for the fob/ its from the police package, it looks just like the 06 key fob but with out the key.

so are you de-activating the chipped for the Viper keys to work? I bought a set of the Viper keys from the dealer already.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back