Weight Reduction- weights of parts- ACCURATE!

VENOMOUS1 RACING

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
Ok fellas, so I am going on the Biggest Loser diet with my QC in the search for a faster ET. I know Trainman has done this already, but mine will be a QC and will shave things a lil differently. I will also keep track of EXACT WEIGHTS so those who would like to know can use this thread. IN fact maybe it should be a sticky! Most car sites have a sticky called "weights and measurements" and it contains this info for all to find in a easy location.:D

Sooooo....... in the first 10 minutes of weight reduction the Venomous10 lost 137 lbs. This is accurately based off our UPS scale at work that is Certified every month and accepts 3500 lbs and weighs accurately -/+ .25lbs. Not someone's wife's bathroom scale, lol!:D

Again, to the haterz out there saying I'm hacking up my truck, I will be only removing BOLT ON items or easily removed weight that will be reinstalled for routine driving. (well most anyways,lol) This is simply an effort to put a QC into the 12s NA and with only catback exhuast, tune, and a K&N.

Tailgate = 55 lbs. (previously thought to be 62 lbs.)
Spare = 82 lbs. (although previously many thought 97 lbs.):rock:
Jack and tools for jack - 9 lbs.
Subwoofer in box - 12 lbs.
Amp for sub - 3 lbs.
Rear Fold Flat Storage Setup QC only - 17 lbs.
Eagle 058 16x10 w/M&H 31x12-16 Slicks. 60 lbs.
Factory Steel Flywheel - 31 lbs
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel - 18 lbs
Stock manifolds and four cats = 90 lbs!!! Wow!
Belanger headers are 13 lbs. each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for you guy's...
There is a cross member that is "bolted" from side to side under the cab either behind the engine or transmition. Nothning is bolted to it.

What is this cross member for?

Thanks Dan, will I be able to edit it to add weights or will someone do that and put move them to the top original post.:confused::D

well...........................

not sure about that...i'll have to ask the higher-ups...

you can pm me any updates if you want to keep it on the same page...but people won't necessarily see a "new post" unless a new post is added to the thread...make sense? so you would have to make a post to say...go look at post #1 so it would show up as a "new post" or "active topic"...

might be easier to quote yourself and the last update or something...

i'll ask, tho...

well...........................

not sure about that...i'll have to ask the higher-ups...

you can pm me any updates if you want to keep it on the same page...but people won't necessarily see a "new post" unless a new post is added to the thread...make sense? so you would have to make a post to say...go look at post #1 so it would show up as a "new post" or "active topic"...

might be easier to quote yourself and the last update or something...

i'll ask, tho...

I'll just PM them to you. I'll keep notes and send you a few items as we go. It will beneficial for years to come for those wanting to go on a diet.;) Or even replacing with lighter weight parts.

I ignore the timeslip section because I don't care...

And because you constantly bitch about it :D that's fun for me...

Don't make me change your avatar to LIGHTNING LUVER:D

The front sway bar can easily be removed saving about 25LBs.....I couldnt tell it was gone though I didnt take the truck on any real twisty roads.....and the weight comes off the front as a plus..

I'm gonna shave some more tonight and see what I can get to measure for tomorrow guys. Hope this weekend to get a couple runs on the road with a RC and see how she fairs being lightened.
I do know the heavy ass driveshafts are way more than a RC alum one;)

The stock bedcover with wing is pretty heavy, I'm curious to know the weight of that and the passenger and rear seats. I think you can shave off well over 400lbs by removing bedcover, spare, tailgate, and all seats cept bench and driver. Plus the difference between your stock tires/rims vs dragradials/rims. BTW, very good thread.

IIRC Flying Low did a 12.7@108 (backed up with numerous 12.8 - 13.0 passes) with only exhaust, flash, and drop in filter, and stock tires/rims aswell. But he was in a negative DA and could cut rediculously good 1.86 60ft times with the stock tires and rims. So it can be done.

You should take your subwoofer out . And maybe carbon fibre hood and fenders . Cross member , if u got and good shop there u can do in aluminum , .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back