whats it going to make

dnz28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mods are striker street heads, cam,ported intake,roe tb,jmb intake,bassani headers, catless mids into a 4in dual. Compression ratio is slighty above 11.1. Whats the going hp/tq numbers for a set up like this?

538hp/563tq...just a guess, no wait forgot about the CR, 552hp/581tq
when we gonna find out?

Need more info to make an educated guess......

What are the cam specs? Who is tuning it? What kind of engine management are you using (Vec/SCT, etc)? What gears are in the truck? What kind of dyno? What were the "pre-mod" numbers?

All are factors that could significantly impact the final numbers. :rock:

Oh and one other thing? Are you changing to forged pistons? I hope so with that high of a compression ratio. If not, you are inviting piston failure with the stockers still in there.

I'll guess slightly over 500hp and slightly under 600tq.

Cam specs a cant be given out,trying the sct. If you watch cam specs, keep engine temps low and intake temps low 11.1 is edgey but i likely mix a little race gas everytime i fill up. my 94 camaro came with a 11.0 it ran just fine. the pistions will be fine with a safe tune, alot of that piston failure is internet talk, around here you put as much as headers on and people are screaming to complete forge everything. Ill take my chances.

dnz28 said:
Cam specs a cant be given out,trying the sct. If you watch cam specs, keep engine temps low and intake temps low 11.1 is edgey but i likely mix a little race gas everytime i fill up. my 94 camaro came with a 11.0 it ran just fine. the pistions will be fine with a safe tune, alot of that piston failure is internet talk, around here you put as much as headers on and people are screaming to complete forge everything. Ill take my chances.
:eek: :eek: :argh:

dnz28 said:

Tell that to these guys........

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24549&highlight=blown+engine+club

to many factors and reasons why engines fail, if you add hp expect something to give it just a matter of time, i will be fine for a while then shit will hit the fan then ill rebuild it. Its part of the sport nothing last forever. plus if say 200 even 800 engines fail out of 10000 what the big deal. you always hear the negative and have it pushed in your face, look at all those who put nitrous, blowers etc on there trucks and have not had problems.

dnz28 said:
to many factors and reasons why engines fail, if you add hp expect something to give it just a matter of time, i will be fine for a while then shit will hit the fan then ill rebuild it. Its part of the sport nothing last forever. plus if say 200 even 800 engines fail out of 10000 what the big deal. you always hear the negative and have it pushed in your face, look at all those who put nitrous, blowers etc on there trucks and have not had problems.
But preventing the problem from occuring is the point. ;)

dnz28 said:
Gotta disagree with you on the pistons. The rings are extremely high on the stock pistons on these motors and the pistons are brittle garbage. The upper ringland is very small. I wish you nothing but the best but I'll be very surprised if you don't lose a few chips off of a piston or 2 with that high of a compression ratio. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

Good luck. :burnout:

dnz28 said:

O give it time she'll pop on ya... i'm on number 3

Go to ART like wade did. They encourage you to spray and guarantee the motor.......well for a year at least!

I give it 3 months before failure. as far as keeping engine temps down, good f'in luck on that one you are very mistaken on how these engines run. its NOT a chevy engine and NOT a v-8. just because im running 14.5 comp in my 79 ford doesnt mean i can run it in this engine. best of luck to you, honestly, but be prepared for a new block when this one lets go. i got one sittin outside for ya when you need it

How many of you are actually mechanics? I bet I know the answer to that one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back