which spark plug do you NA guys run ?

moparracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i remember NGK's ?

what brand are you using, part # & what did you gap them @ ?

how many miles between plug changes ?

thanks.:)

Last edited:
Denso Iridium & Quality plug wires

I tried the Iridium plugs and saw no gain..went back to stock, and I've run 111.31 with headers and a tune!

dude on all chrysler vehicles i only run OEM. for some reason everytime i change plugs to a diffrent brand they run like crap, that is why i stay with OEM on plugs.

My stock plugs were gapped too narrow, I just hit 10k miles and was wondering when I should change them... Also, whats the effect if they are gapped too narrow?

Also are the OEM's Champion? When I asked Marty what he said I should use he said a "one step colder" plug.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Cudajon said:
My stock plugs were gapped too narrow, I just hit 10k miles and was wondering when I should change them... Also, whats the effect if they are gapped too narrow?

Also are the OEM's Champion? When I asked Marty what he said I should use he said a "one step colder" plug.

Thanks.
what was your gap too narrow @ ?

Here is a list of plugs Sparkplug.com says fits our trucks.
http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_app.asp?productTypeID=1&AAIA=1431796
I'm running the NGK Iridium plugs in mine at one step colder than what's recommended on the list. I'm not having any problem at all and the truck runs great. The reason I went colder was due to some detonation I was getting with my stage 2 computer. Everything seems to be working harmoniously now.

Cudajon said:
How were you able to choose the heat range?
Sorry, my wife and I are traveling today and this is the first opportunity to check the computer.

Here is how to read the numbering for an NGK plug:
http://www.ngk.com/sparkplug411_manufacturer.asp?manufacturerID=1

The recommended NGK Iridium plug is a ZFR6FIX-11. With NGK, the higher the number the cooler the plug is. So I went with BKR7EIX-11 plugs. There is no ZFR7FIX-11 so the numbering system looks different but the plugs work.

Attachments

• plugs.JPG
    plugs.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back