Why didn't this one stick.........?

Prof said:
I think I passed my level of competence when I got rid of my Taurus Wagon about 15 years ago.

I am at the end of my horsepower quest.

I just want the engine to last now so I can drive the truck on nice weekends and rub on it the rest of the time.

I have plenty to do without any further engine modifications.

Roy with your build why not dump that itty bitty Lysholm and hook up the whipple!

If a QC with Lysholm gets 550 HP and a RC gets 620HP.

And the QC with Whipple gets 640 HP then shouldn't a RC develope around 710? And with the extra 1000 cfm it develops you would be able to flow them heads you got............... Roe told me 2900$ for the whipple...........no exchange program:)

I spoke with Sean about the Whipple...it is basically the same compressor with a Whipple name on it...Sean has seen a little difference in performance...but not much...so I am good as is...getting the itch to start on something else...my mind is bouncing around on the '09s from the CTS-V to WRX (yup, a ricer...but a quick one!)...then I start reading about the '09 Viper then the ZR1...so many options...so little time!

Last edited:
Prof said:
I spoke with Sean about the Whipple...it is basically the same compressor with a Whipple name on it...Sean has seen a little difference in performance...but not much...so I am good as is...getting the itch to start on something else...my mind is bouncing around on the '09s from the CTS-V to WRX (yup, a ricer...but a quick one!)...then I start reading about the '09 Viper then the ZR1...so many options...so little time!

Roe told me the same thing........... the old whipple was a lysholm rotor it was our blower with a whipple name instead of Roes on the side. But man name numbers don't lie both on paper and on the dyno that thing rocks!

I've got alot done to my truck and it only put out 575 on a dyno tune.............

That thing put out 635 on a canned tune! And he is almost stock! The 1000 cfm tell the story and I think we will see our first 800 hp top mount soon. And he is almost stock!

BUY THE CTSV! MAN THEY SOUND NICE! I WENT AND HAD A DEALER START ONE UP FOR ME lol RIGHT BEFORE I LEFT TO BUY THE TRUCK.

The V will beat the snot out of the WRX in every category, save for price :)

I'm thinking that is the same set-up as 1Fast400's.... They couldn't keep it tuned.... And, if I remember right, it blew up. :dontknow:

............... I too saw this motor in "prototype" stage, with Kenny (at the "first" ROE gtg). It looked like a beast. But, knowing Sean, there is a VERY good reason why it didn't go into production. ;) Like I said, there were only one or two out there with this set-up. :dontknow:

1fast400 had a top mount

post about whipple lysholm and what happened.

I know this topic is a bit old, but thought I would shed some light.

Eaton has not renewed their contract with Lysholm, the Ford GT is the first and only project for the Lysholm/Eaton screw compressor. I can pretty much bet my life on the fact that Eaton will have nothing to do with Lysholm (on a SC project) in the future.

There was 4 companies that made screw compressors, Lysholm, Autorotor, Sprintex and IHI. Sprintex makes very small qty's in australia. IHI is the largest, they make the screw which was based off a SRM design (IHI was a liscenee of SRM) for Mercedes and Mercury Marine. Autorotor purchased Lysholm, but the main Lysholm owners took controling shares and are now chairman of the board, president, etc. Autorotor, as their website states is only for fuel cell technology. Lysholm makes SC's for internal combustion engines.

By April of 2005, Lysholm was some 3000 units behind our orders, a problem that began in mid 2004, reached critical levels by November 2004 and was severly damaging to our company, our company name and reputation. Because there were zero compressors, they were not honoring warranty of any type. We were left for dead with absolutely no plan for the future. After demanding a forecast, a plan, or just some information about the future. We got nothing, no plan, no forecast, nothing. At that point, we had an account balance with them that was current so this was not about money or anything. They did not have product to ship, what product they did have went to Eaton and then Ford, which was a very low qty.

This left us in a bad situation. Needless to say, there is a new supercharger mfg. now, the only one in the USA and thats Whipple Industries. The new SC lineup is 100% Whipple and has nothing to do with Lysholm, Autorotor or any of them. In the new design process, we increased the overall strength, efficiency, noise and appearance. The results have been far better than we could've ever hoped for.

Hope this helps,
Dustin Whipple
Whipple Superchargers

bigike said:
Roy with your build why not dump that itty bitty Lysholm and hook up the whipple!

If a QC with Lysholm gets 550 HP and a RC gets 620HP.

And the QC with Whipple gets 640 HP then shouldn't a RC develope around 710? And with the extra 1000 cfm it develops you would be able to flow them heads you got............... Roe told me 2900$ for the whipple...........no exchange program:)
so that whipple will replace without anymods?

Sweet looking, twin screw would look sick with that set up and will flow alot of cfm's

bigike said:
sidewinder-C.jpg

sidewinder-L.jpg

sidewinder-R.jpg

Man thats perdy..............

So it made 560 HP on stock pulley and 650 on a 7.5 pulley....... Seems the same if not higher than us OLDER model Lysholm blowers................. that looks easier to go bigger too :) anyone say 8.3 liter twins screw :)

w0w sweet lookin setup one day when my truck grows up it will look like that

:congrats: :congrats: on the build

Back