windshield banner

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was the test pilot for Steve's first banner. I had never installed any tint or banner ever before so call me a rookie. First of all, its vinyl and I found out that the stuff stretch's.....so you gotta be careful when pulling off the backer paper and using the supplied tool to get the banner to lay flat. Well I followed the directions and everything went ok cept for a few spots. Most of my mistakes were at the bottom which I corrected by using a straight edge to recut the banner. I also felt it was a little low for my taste so cutting it was not a big deal. There was plenty of space under the letters (viper powered) to do this.

Since I was Steve's guinea pig feel free to give me your honest comments......dont hold back good and bad. Pics are a little off due to the setting sun....sorry!:eek:

patrick

0510071600a.jpg

now thats too low :D :D. i gots 16" of black vinal on mine. but in all seriousness, its not that bad. i love it and have it on all my vehicles. yours looks great too. good job on it. now go tint your sides and back darker!!!! :D

Stanimal said:
0510071600a.jpg

now thats too low :D :D. i gots 16" of black vinal on mine. but in all seriousness, its not that bad. i love it and have it on all my vehicles. yours looks great too. good job on it. now go tint your sides and back darker!!!! :D
:( Dang nabbit!! I really miss my tint now Stan, I have to bring mine to get inspected this month and had to pull mine off, after inspection 2% gets installed again:rock: Like the windshield treatment, gonna do that this time 'round.:D

Does it go installed on the inside or outside of the windshield?

Patrick,
In hind sight maybe I was trying to hard to be cool/hi-tech on these. The perforated vinyl is harder to install and the closer you get to it the more you can see the holes thus the washed out look.

There are a couple of options that I can think of off the top of my head. We could do these on plain black vinyl, or (ever better I think) just send the logo and not try to do the entire banner at all. We could cut the letters and you could just install them wherever you want to on the windshield (or under the hood or whatever). That would be a lot easier and cheaper for all involved. It's your choice, lemme know what you want to do and I'll get something in the mail to you to try,

Pat...looks cool. Everyone needs a testy guinea pig, nice that you could fit the bill. I'd like something...just don't know what yet. The only thing missing is the chick in the swinsuit.

Hope all is well :)

HaulinAsp said:
:( Dang nabbit!! I really miss my tint now Stan, I have to bring mine to get inspected this month and had to pull mine off, after inspection 2% gets installed again:rock: Like the windshield treatment, gonna do that this time 'round.:D

my sides are also tinted 5% and my entire back window is straight black vinal. as far as inspection, mine passes just fine just find someone that can inspect it privately :D :D. mines due in aug too :D. o and in jersey, there is no law about tint anymore. the rule is now if they can shine their flashlight thro it, its legal. if they cant, they can only write a "unapproved equipment" ticket. found that out from a statie :D :D :D

wind. banner

hi, the-bigun here! i have heard alot of interest about "viper powered" windshield banners and would like to share mine with everyone!!! the guy at jason signs said that he would do them for 40.00 a pop plus shipping (small cardboard tube) for anybody who wants one!!! it has the proper curve for the windshield and can be done in sneaky or fang!!!! i'm also thowing in a decal that i designed that he said he would do for 10.00!!!! the "venommous" decal is by default 12" long by 2" high but can be made smaller for the same price or larger for a little extra!!! you can contact him at "jason plumer signs" at (309) 671-4898 central time and tell him jim mohnen turned you on to him!!!! i understand the need to support the venders on the site but maybe jason could be a supporting vender too if he knew what was involved in becoming one!!! thanks everyone for a great site!!!

jim mohnen
(309) 696-4001

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• DSCF0757.JPG
    DSCF0757.JPG
    968.7 KB · Views: 406
  • DSCF0758.JPG
    DSCF0758.JPG
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCF0759.JPG
    DSCF0759.JPG
    993.1 KB · Views: 1,577
  • DSCF0761.JPG
    DSCF0761.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 890
If all anyone wants is the lettering/graphics like this and not the full banner, I'll do them for $30 INCLUDING shipping...that's a LOT easier and less expensive than what we are doing with perforated vinyl...:D

Steve, I am gonna pull the banner off and will let you know what I would like to do later. Right now I am thinking getting some tint put on from the inside then maybe some letters from you with Viper Powered or something like that. I will let you know.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Steve, I am gonna pull the banner off and will let you know what I would like to do later. Right now I am thinking getting some tint put on from the inside then maybe some letters from you with Viper Powered or something like that. I will let you know.

patrick

Ok, Patrick, just let em know and we'll get whatever you need done and sent to you PDQ!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back