Windshield decal

GriMacE 06QuadSRT10 said:
dang -- forgot to tell ya

decal is 10" from the end trim on each side. The center should be where the "T" is in SRT-10 right above your rearview mirror attachement. The top center of the decal will be about 1/2" from top of windshield and the sides of the decal will be about 2" from the top of the windshield if you order a straight one. Can't help you with the figures on a curved one though - :)
question,how did you get up to the top of windshield to apply decal,did you use a step ladder or what? any help is greatly app.:dontknow: :dontknow:

brat said:
question,how did you get up to the top of windshield to apply decal,did you use a step ladder or what? any help is greatly app.:dontknow: :dontknow:

Actually, two step ladders so I didn't have to keep moving one. You can reach a little over half the windshield with each. -- then lightly tape the decal until you get it positioned where you want it. Then put more tape on it per the instructions, to hold it in place. Take your time and be patient. Enlisting your significant other, or friend, to help on one ladder and removing tapes will be a big benefit - my wife was working :)

Also, the instructions say to get the decal where you want it and take off the bottom tape from half of the decal then apply the decal and squeege it down - then remove the top tape and move on to the other half. Then remove the bottom tape etc etc. This didn't make sense to me sooooo....

I got the decal where I wanted it and and applied some blue masking tape to it so it wouldn't move for the next steps. Then I took off the bottom tape from half of the decal and cut off the bottom tape while holding up the decal. Then, while still holding up the decal I applied the decal to the windshield by holding it up firm to keep any waves out - but DO NOT stretch it -placed on the windshield and squeeged it -

Then I moved to the other side and took off the rest of the bottom tape off the decal while holding up the decal then applied the decal to the windshield by again, holding it firm but DO NOT stretch it. Then I and squeeged it - at this point I had the bottom tape off the entire with the decal on the windshield and the top clear tape still applied on the entire decal. Then I went back and squeeged the decal more - this will help remove bubbles and help the letters stick to the windshield to aid in the removal of the top layer of tape without "lifting" the letters too.

Then I removed the top tape from the entire decal - do not pull up on the tape or you will/may "lift" the actual decal off the windshield -- not good!, but slowly pull the tape when it is layed down flat on the decal - you'll see when you get to it - also the instructions are well done but it didn't make sense to me to remove the top tape from half the decal

Thats pretty much it -- You can get the squeege from a body shop or paint store -- it has to be flexible, not metal and about 3 inches wide.

GriMacE 06QuadSRT10 said:
Actually, two step ladders so I didn't have to keep moving one. You can reach a little over half the windshield with each. -- then lightly tape the decal until you get it positioned where you want it. Then put more tape on it per the instructions, to hold it in place. Take your time and be patient. Enlisting your significant other, or friend, to help on one ladder and removing tapes will be a big benefit - my wife was working :)

Also, the instructions say to get the decal where you want it and take off the bottom tape from half of the decal then apply the decal and squeege it down - then remove the top tape and move on to the other half. Then remove the bottom tape etc etc. This didn't make sense to me sooooo....

I got the decal where I wanted it and and applied some blue masking tape to it so it wouldn't move for the next steps. Then I took off the bottom tape from half of the decal and cut off the bottom tape while holding up the decal. Then, while still holding up the decal I applied the decal to the windshield by holding it up firm to keep any waves out - but DO NOT stretch it -placed on the windshield and squeeged it -

Then I moved to the other side and took off the rest of the bottom tape off the decal while holding up the decal then applied the decal to the windshield by again, holding it firm but DO NOT stretch it. Then I and squeeged it - at this point I had the bottom tape off the entire with the decal on the windshield and the top clear tape still applied on the entire decal. Then I went back and squeeged the decal more - this will help remove bubbles and help the letters stick to the windshield to aid in the removal of the top layer of tape without "lifting" the letters too.

Then I removed the top tape from the entire decal - do not pull up on the tape or you will/may "lift" the actual decal off the windshield -- not good!, but slowly pull the tape when it is layed down flat on the decal - you'll see when you get to it - also the instructions are well done but it didn't make sense to me to remove the top tape from half the decal

Thats pretty much it -- You can get the squeege from a body shop or paint store -- it has to be flexible, not metal and about 3 inches wide.

Thanks ! that's alot of help

brat said:
yea thanks that explained it in detail,that will help a lot.

Whitesnake said:
Thanks ! that's alot of help

No problem .... My pleasure just take your time and be patient - enlist help if you and it will go well. It was a breezy day and I was alone when I did mine so it can be done -- NO BEERS FIRST though -- LOL :)

Borden3srt is right -- it can be a pain if you try to rush it and the ladders aren't tall enough to reach - but ladders/step stools over 3-4' should work.

one final question,did you use any water and dish detergant mixture on the windshield when installing the decal.

thats the best way. get something with a soft tip and smooth out all the bubbles. go in one direction so u get them all out.

2ndchance said:
thats the best way. get something with a soft tip and smooth out all the bubbles. go in one direction so u get them all out.
thanks i thought so just wanted to make sure.:rock: :rock:

brat said:
one final question,did you use any water and dish detergant mixture on the windshield when installing the decal.

I didn't but they say you can -- a spray bottle with one drop of dish detergent will do the trick -- also, make sure the windshield is pristine clean before you start.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back