WOT BOX Launch Control/No Lift Shifts

Srt10ram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey just wanting to get some answers on this little WOT BOX device from N2MB racing will do on our trucks.

WOT Box - N2MB Racing

Now, they do offer this for the Viper cars, so I'm assuming they also work for the truck.
A lot of the Cobra & Shelby guys use WOTBOX, supposedly these things work wonders with power-shifting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_QIB_7xrao]N2MB 2 Step WOT Box on Cobra - YouTube[/ame]

Realizing that the Cobra uses a variant of the T56 it most likely works the same for on trucks...
Launch Control could also be nice for us if set very low.
Any opinions??? :dontknow:

For $200 why not try it?

You have to realize that this shuts down the coils and is basically a rev limiter, meaning just because we have a T56 does not mean that it works on our application.

What I dont understand is that they say they use the clutch switch to signal the box to shut down the coils, but our clutch switch is a bottom of clutch switch used for starting purposes. I would assume that we would need to install another switch for this to work right. If we didnt and used the BOC switch the engine still has the potential to over rev until the switch is touched near the bottom of the petal stroke.

The idea is there, but I would think you better call them and drill them first on how it works and how it is wired in more specifically.

I tried one of these on my VW before I went full standalone ecu. These come with software that lets you program where you want your launch rpm set at along with setting up the clutch switch and WOT t.b position. There should be a clutch switch that is used for cruise control. This switch should react as soon as the clutch pedal moves....not sure, didn't look.

Ive done a bunch of these on the SRT4's they work very well and make it much easier to shift at high rpm WOT. I have not done one on a viper application however.

Yeah I mean it does look pretty helpful.
I think I going to email them and ask if it works with the trucks.

Do y'all think using the 2-step limiter would hurt the motor at all?
Basically all it does is cut ignition so i would hope not.

Since I'm on stock tires I would program it to 1800-2000rpm for the launch.

If they havn't tried one on your application, they might offer a free one to be a tester. That's how I got mine for the vw :)

L's have standard tranny's????

Have you done anything to beef up your tranny or clutch? Or have you had any tranny problems? How many mile are on yours?

I have Viper hydraulics, McLeod twin disc clutch, Aluminum flywheel. The truck has 63000 miles. I somehow lost a dowel pin at about 56000 miles and the transmission twisted and I wiped out 4th gear, had the trans rebuilt, first transmission in my life I have ever had rebuilt, and I was a senior in 1964 and have been shifting hard since then.

I have Viper hydraulics, McLeod twin disc clutch, Aluminum flywheel. The truck has 63000 miles. I somehow lost a dowel pin at about 56000 miles and the transmission twisted and I wiped out 4th gear, had the trans rebuilt, first transmission in my life I have ever had rebuilt, and I was a senior in 1964 and have been shifting hard since then.

How do you like that aluminum flywheel?

How do you like that aluminum flywheel?

Absolutely the best! I had the Fidanza aluminum when I went to the twin disc from McLeod. With their clutch you have to use their flywheel. They said with a heavy vehicle I should use the steel flywheel so I tried that for about 8 months...promptly lost 2 tenths (.2) et in the 1/4 mile, and lost responsive throttle on the street. I went back to the aluminum (McLeod) and the truck WOKE UP, got my 2 tenths back and could once again light the tires in 2nd gear with just the gas peddle.:rock:

I no lift mine as well. Viper hydraulics, spec 3+, aluminum flywheel.

Just takes practice. Missing gears happens.

a few runs from the other night... no lift... disregard the times, still getting used to DR's...
i've only ever runs street tires until the last two weeks of last year, and i've been twice this season... still feels really weird, lol
i have oem hydraulics and a spec stage 1 with tony's trans and carbon driveshaft and a b&m

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT-dgQXcKR0&feature=related]2005 Dodge SRT-10 RAM 8.42 86mph Drag Race 2 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl8Wm_kV7bg&feature=related]2005 Dodge SRT-10 RAM 8.34 86mph Drag Race 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

a few runs from the other night... no lift... disregard the times, still getting used to DR's...
i've only ever runs street tires until the last two weeks of last year, and i've been twice this season... still feels really weird, lol
i have oem hydraulics and a spec stage 1 with tony's trans and carbon driveshaft and a b&m

2005 Dodge SRT-10 RAM 8.42 86mph Drag Race 2 of 2 - YouTube

2005 Dodge SRT-10 RAM 8.34 86mph Drag Race 1 of 2 - YouTube

Nice videos man

Thank you Dan for doing a burn out the right way at the track. I hate it when guys just sit and spin in the water.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back