Wow! another dumb exhaust question.

Gaboon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am lookin into the Belanger long tub headers and high flow mid's (emissions). What diameter are the mid's 2.5" or 3". Sorry for the dumb post but I am reading that the magnas come in both and don't want to make any mistakes when ordering.

My Bellanger mids (which are Cat-less) are 3" when they connect to the Bellanger headers, but they step down to 2.5" when connecting to the Cat-Back exhaust.

Now I don't want that to happen so i'm taking mine to the Local Exhaust shop and having them run 3" all the way to the back.

Are there any high flow mids that will bolt up to the belangers that are 3" all the way through?

Gaboon said:
Are there any high flow mids that will bolt up to the belangers that are 3" all the way through?

Yep, its called the Billy boat exhaust i believe...REal nice looking and expensive..It's the next step up from the mangaflow in quality and performance

BB is the only complete 3" system from headers to the back ( so I was told)
The belangers also have a cone thats welded into the collector. Some reccomended taking this out for some applications(cutting collector open gutting and rewelding). Real PITA!
IMO it always reverts back to you get what YOu $$ for..

Steve

It sounds like I may be better off getting the full billy boat system. Has anyone heard it? How does it sound?

Are the rest of you going 2.5" and calling it good. Are the gains if any worth going full 3"?

I don't know how much gains you would actually get???

I had my Bellanger's setup with a Borla Cat-Back system, but then I didn't like the sound of the Borla so i'm going to a different system. As of right now I have straight pipes and where the Bellanger Mids step down to 2.5" from 3" i cut them and flanged up 3" piping all the way to the back. Now from seat of the pants feel, I couldn't tell you if there is any difference???

As for the Cone in the collector, it's supposed to help air-flow by creating a "cyclone" effect. So I really don't see any advantage to cutting that out, the amount of work you'd have to do and the results you might get are not worth it, imo.

The Belanger mids work just fine the way they are. I put down 467/515 with Belanger headers, Belanger mids w/ high flows, Stage II PCM and JMB CAI. ;)

Thank you for all for all of your help. It sounds like I may be going with the Belangers headers, high flow cats and Magnas the rest of the way.

Belanger long tubes, catless mids and magnaflow here, love it. Here are a couple underneath pics.

Oh and I still have the cone. I did not know what it was suppose to do until now :)

Attachments

• 093006.3.jpg
    093006.3.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 093006.4.jpg
    093006.4.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 093006.5.jpg
    093006.5.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 45

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!