X-Metal 2/4 Lowering Kit for a 2006 QC

blackviper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question concerning the proper setup of the pinion angle. The instructions state that you must set up the pinion angle at 3 degress down but doesn't state whether or not this is while the truck is in the air or on the ground. I have a slight vibration at take off. It is currently set at 3 degrees down while the truck was on the lift. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, the truck has the rear RC springs, no slapper bar and Caltracs.

it would be while all the weight of the truck is on the suspension................i could be wrong i am sure we will get some more input soon

505'sFastestViper. said:
it would be while all the weight of the truck is on the suspension................i could be wrong i am sure we will get some more input soon

What he said,after talking with a few different people,the general concensus is you could go even more negative angle (like 6*) !! I still need to get the shims to do mine too !!! As it is right now,I'm at 3*positive !!:dontknow:

with truck on the ground, how does the front ride ?? pics??

The front is stiff but our roads are pretty good other than when you're in Downtown Miami. It seems to handle better. I think the bouncyness we all experience from time to time could be fixed with rebound adjustable shocks. Does anyone know of any rebound adjustable shocks? Also, does anything need to be done to the front sway bar on an 06 QC? I will readjust the pinion angle tonight, clean it up and post some pics.

Update. I set the pinion angle down 4 degrees and it still has the slight vibration. I believe someone had posted part of the service manual that showed how to take all the measurements on the two piece driveshaft. Can someone please post them up? Would shimming the trans help considering that there is a center support for the two piece driveshaft.

Any suggestions?

6pakattack said:
What he said,after talking with a few different people,the general concensus is you could go even more negative angle (like 6*) !! I still need to get the shims to do mine too !!! As it is right now,I'm at 3*positive !!:dontknow:

Dennis, you getting vibration on your "05" :dontknow: Man reading this chit makes me think twice about lowering my truck.I had my "03"Q/C lowered and could never seem to get it right.:rock: :rock:

Today we shimmed the transmission a 1/4 inch on all 3 mounting bolts. So far, the rear end is set to 4 1/2 degrees down angle and the trans shims. I thought I was done with it. Initially when I drove it, the vibration was so minimal I would have not chased it anymore. After driving it about 10 miles, it was back and I think worse.

Tomorrow, I will remove the shims from the front 2 transmission mounting points and just leave the rear one for even more angle. If this doesn't work, I will go back to playing with the rearend.

It would be great if someone can post the factory angles. Like I mentioned before, I believe I read them somewhere a while back.

Has anybody else been successful correcting this problem?

Help!!!!!!! Input!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!

Ordered the spring perches, axle saddles and shims from Ground Force. They say this should correct the problem. The parts should be here in 4 days. I'll post the results once they have been installed.

blackviper said:
Ordered the spring perches, axle saddles and shims from Ground Force. They say this should correct the problem. The parts should be here in 4 days. I'll post the results once they have been installed.

hopefully that will do it for you george,It's a shame you gotta order all this extra chit to make it right! I think I will just stick with my shackles and spend my money on something else.!! :rock: :rock:

I'm also still waiting for Gary to call me back after 5 phone call attempts. Seems he lost whatever customer service he had left. Props out to Ground Force for trying to help me resolve this problem.

Installed the kit from Ground Force today. It's much better but not gone. I will be playng around with it some more tomorrow. May have to order some driveshaft alignment shims in 1, 2, 3, and 4 degrees to increase the down angle some more.

Light acceleration = no vibration
Moderate acceleration = vibration between 3 to 8 MPH
Hard acceleration = no vibration (I believe the window goes by so fast you don't get to feel it)

I will keep everybody posted on the progress.

Last night we adjusted the Caltracs to 2 1/2 turns, got even better. Will be ordering the driveshaft alignment shims today from Belltech. It will be a few days before I get or install them. I'll be taking a few days off in the Florida Keys.

So far, I've installed the Ground Force axle saddles and their shim kit for the trans and bearing carrier as well as 2 degree wedges for the rear end from Bell Tech. The Caltracs remain at 2 1/2 turns. The shudder is almost gone. It hits slightly now between 8 & 10 MPH. I've ordered the 4 degree wedges from Bell Tech and will be installing them next week. I think this will take care of it. I'll post the results once I'm done.

Can you please tell us what bexactly did you order and the part numbers , my truck is the same as yours and i would like to solve this problem .

thanks

I will post all the specific part numbers once I convinced it's fixed. So far it's cost me approximately $500.00 on top of the cost of the X-Metal kit. That excludes any labor.

blackviper said:
I will post all the specific part numbers once I convinced it's fixed. So far it's cost me approximately $500.00 on top of the cost of the X-Metal kit. That excludes any labor.

any updates

Stinker has all the details. You may have to add air bags to the rear. Though I'm not sure they added to the fix. I do know that if you over inflate them, the shudder comes back. I have to keep them right at 15PSI without a load. Overall, it does fix the problem. Ground Force sold me the entire hardware kit which you don't need. I believe Stinker is working on getting just the flip kit. Let me know if you need more details.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back