X-Metal Catless Mids Install

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First i want to thank Fit95 for the great deal on my X-Metal Catless Mids.
Im afraid i would embarass the guy if i told you how cheap i got them shipping included. The more i read up on the install the further im drifting away from doing it myself.

Ive got a local performance muffler shop in town that will charge me 50 bucks to install them... My bullets are 3 inches with a reducer on both in/out. Chitty i know but they dont make them in 2.5, and the 3 flow more and sound better. They said they would send 3 inch pipes the whole way for 30 bucks more.
50 to install as is or 80 for the 3 inch to the muffler. Is it a good deal?

Not finding much on here about the mids, anyone with them want to chime in, tell me about the install, performance, and sound (more popping?). Any CEL problems?
Ive already got the downstreams removed and with the set-up ive got it sounds different than every truck we heard at the gtg. Im easy to point out in the crowd cant imagine the sound difference its going to make.

just get you some ear plugs for the drone you will get from the noise :D :D

My God!, ive been crappin my pants since early morning when fit95 said shipping was going to $140 for these. This soldier didnt give up, spent his whole lunch break searching for a better price. Fedex came through and fit95 being the :rock:rocking:rock: bad ass he is:thrasher:, ate $75 dollars shipping to make this happen. Someone help me talk this guy into keeping his truck, cant lose this team player.

If you do install them yourself, make sure you have a torch handy. You will need it. :argh:

They dont come with bolts, can someone tell me what size nuts and bolts i need to bring to the shop installing it?

The worse part of the install is getting the old mids unbolted from the manifolds. Once that is done its not too bad.

Bill.

thjones3 said:
If you do install them yourself, make sure you have a torch handy. You will need it. :argh:

Thats what i did, torched the heads off the bolts... 10 minutes a side and they were free. The hard part that I found was getting my jmb mids to line up and press into the muffler. Spent 4 hrs on that part of it.... 1 hr getting the stock midpipes off. fun..

WTF!!!

I got my mids installed for 60 bucks, that included the nuts and bolts and 3 inch pipe fab'd to my h-pipe. I called the guy while it was just being finished i asked him did it help get rid of some of the popping. He said after the install he fired it up and rev'd it and the exhaust echoed down the alley and set off the neighbors security alarm. It was so freaking loud it needed to be pushed to the front of the shop.

I went and picked it up and my wife followed me home. I took the long way through downtown and terrorized the city. My wife followed me and was so pissed from her headache when we got home she went right to bed. I have a strong resonance at 1600-1800 it mellows deep and throaty till about 3200-3500 and it is absolutly insane from there on, nascar doesnt give it justice. Because of the resonance i have to shift at much higher RPM's riding through the neighborhood to keep it at that 1800-3200 quiet range. It might be a little too obnoxious. At idle this truck sounds unbelievable, the way it should, throaty deep, and you can hear each piston fire. Sounds deeper and mellower inside, but i just ride with the back glass open now.

This is my 5th exhaust setup. Ive finally got the db i want i just have to mellow some of the rasp. Any tips on a resonator? Also how would headers change the sound with catless mids and bullet muffler already. Would it be unbearable?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back