X-Metal Front Coil Question???

SHU-DOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Moved to Reno NV from Southrn Calfornia
ANyone else have Gary's front lowered coils?

I noticed when i pulled the wheels off a couple months back that the spring came FULLY out of the upper basket.

When i went to lower it back down i had to go slowly and use a piece of broken broom handle and push it into its basket as it went down.

Anyone else having these problems with the other custom lowered springs???

I have the 2" lowered X-Metal coils.

Here is kinda a pic. Though this doesnt have the shock but same idea.

Just want piece of mind.

SHU

Attachments

• SRT Pics 015.jpg
    SRT Pics 015.jpg
    946.9 KB · Views: 58
Do you like the ride height when it is sitting on all 4 tires? If so I would say you are fine. I did not lower mine that far, so I can't say for sure.

Bill.

it's not a problem, it's just that the springs are lower that your factory one's, same issue here when my truck was on the lift, Springs wanted to flop forward and try to come out. we used tranmission jacks under it to bolt the top ball joint back on.

I only got the 1" lower/spring. Plus he gave me the same spring that they had at the track for the record. Little beefier :congrats:
We were afarid of the 2" lowering spring :argh: just for this very reason.
Now the good news....I haven't herd of anyone else having this problem. :dontknow:

Quick

Yeah OK.

I figured not a big deal but i remembered it just now going through my pics.

I was thinking if I do road race it I may put a limiter strap of some kind on it to

1-keep the front end from fully unloading and a sudden rise/drop
AND
2-help keep the QA1 from going to full extension and pulling on the housing

SO anyone have a 4x4 site that does limiter straps on the front? I have a feeling i may have to drill into the lower control arm and either the fram or the upper basket?

Thoughts / experiences????????????????????????????????????????:dontknow:

SHU

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back