X-metal T/B

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i got around to putting X-metal T/B on truck last night ,,,easy install ,,,problem i got is almost every thread i have read about these,, there is some problems with idle ,,,mine has no problem ,,went on easy and runs fine ,,,

i was ready for a fight and there was nothing ,,,sort of feel let down for some reason LOL:D

opps my bad:D runs sweet i really need to get a tune at psi ,,got my A/F gauge from stink on the way ,,plus i got a good deal on it so im happy

X metal T/B

Be careful with installing the screws for the T/B blade, I did the Locktite and scoring and it still sucked the screw threw the intake " this was after 3000 miles with X Metal T/B " causing $6,000 repair job. I ended up using a press to make sure they would never come out again, unless i grind or file them off:)

Attachments

• cleveland 009.jpg
    cleveland 009.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 67
  • cleveland 003.jpg
    cleveland 003.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 69
I'm slated for PSI tomorrow. I'm sure Blaine will do a great job on the install and tune..

Yellow venom said:
Did you notice any difference with the TB swap?
to be honest i dont feel much diff,,i can hear it suck air at a red light when my radio is turned down ,,,i was wondering if anyone dynoed one with stock T/B and one with the xmetal T/B

and in a week i will remove it just to check it out i did peen the screws and lock tighted them with the green lock tight

Most never have the any problems after installing ported TBs (Roe & XMetal)......problems are just "louder" on the forums....I had no problem at all with my Roe TB...dont know if it added power but it sure felt better..:)

TNVIPER said:
Most never have the any problems after installing ported TBs (Roe & XMetal)......problems are just "louder" on the forums....I had no problem at all with my Roe TB...dont know if it added power but it sure felt better..:)

I would agree. I can hear it sucking the air as well. Does feel like it pulls a little stronger though. Its worth the $360 I paid IMO and certainly looks way better than the stocker.

patrick

Attachments

• x metal tb 005.jpg
    x metal tb 005.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 40
Mine's still in the box.

One of these days I'll get it instlled...:dontknow: :rolleyes:

mauiSRT/10 said:
I would agree. I can hear it sucking the air as well. Does feel like it pulls a little stronger though. Its worth the $360 I paid IMO and certainly looks way better than the stocker.

patrick

It sure does look alot nicer! Gotta get one soon!

Yellow venom said:
It sure does look alot nicer! Gotta get one soon!

just keep on looking i got mine from that member guy in egypt of all places for 300 bucks,brand new too,,damn good deal too.Just remember to use the green lock tight not the red ,,,the green its the toughest they got out there ,hard to find ,,only draw back is you may not get it un screwed after using it lol

and the bling factor is a must :D

Last edited:
I am glad you like it :D
Ironhead said:
just keep on looking i got mine from that member guy in egypt of all places for 300 bucks,brand new too,,damn good deal too.Just remember to use the green lock tight not the red ,,,the green its the toughest they got out there ,hard to find ,,only draw back is you may not get it un screwed after using it lol

Ironhead said:

The 266 loctite is the shit. Heavy duty, heat resistant, and works on multiple surfaces.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back