X Pipe

jrangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to add a X Pipe to my 05 QC. My question is where would you put it? I read 18"s from the muffler or at the darkest colored area of the mid pipes. Any one have pictures? I am thinking 2.5 or 3" x pipe don't know that yet also. Any help would be appreciated.

Just my .02 worth,but an "H" style crossover sounds better and gives ya more torque.An "X" might give a bit better HP,but it is further up in the power band.

I have my crossover just where the two come into parralel ,would be just after cats if you have them

H pipe = low end

x pipe = more mph

I would go with the H-pipe the x pipe has a raspy sound to me. our trucks (imo) sound raspy enough stock.

I like the X pipe myself....i cut out the H from my 07 Z06 and added the X.

Our trucks came with a H pipe built in the muffler, the Magaflow Cat back are H' inside also.

Attachments

• PICT0030.JPG
    PICT0030.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 60
Westxsrt10 said:
I like the X pipe myself....i cut out the H from my 07 Z06 and added the X.

Our trucks came with a H pipe built in the muffler, the Magaflow Cat back are H' inside also.

The stock muffler on mine looks to be completely separate pipes thru one muffler. :dontknow:

The MagnaFlow is an "X" inside I am fairly certain.:)

The "X" will work,but loses torque and doesn't sound as good.

An "H" is really just a cross-over pipe 2 1/2" to 3" between the two exhaust pipes.No need to actually cut out for and then instal a complete "H" section.Just get a good muffler shop to cut in the cross-over and weld in place.Mine cost me $25 pipe and labor.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back