YOU ALL ARE AN AWESOME!

DRamSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now this is the reason why this site rocks! :rock: why do you ask? i have been asking many people to help me with that damn problem P-0442!! many people said it is because fuel cap thats loose, some said it was a small hole leak in the fuel vapor. i totally believe all of them but still i couldnt figure out how to fix it so i basically just give up and was planning to take it to the dealership and then i just decided to give it one chance. so i posted a new thread again and it was the same about the p-0442 issue so after a long day. i have been careful talk to each person. So far i have found some new information. So i just decided to go to autozoneand buy myself NEW fuel cap with lock for only $20 so i installed it and put the negative plug off the battery then i leave it for 15mins with engine off. then i connect the negative plug back on and test it and BAM engine check light is gone! so i left the engine running idle for another 5mins and its gone! THANKS YOU ALL FOR THE WONDERFUL HELP! THIS SITE IS THE BEST TO FIND BUNCH OF HELPERS! I APPRECIATE IT!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

uhh bro...you'll need to drive thru 3 drive cycles to make sure thats what it was..As for the fault, i had the same thing in my 04'. turns out that the pcm needed an programming update that would keep that fault from coming back. I'm sure some one here will post that bulletin..

yeah i was going to do that too but my points was that people in here really does help a lot because it actually does work but i still have some things to do with it so the fault wont come back

DISCLAIMER:
Please make note that I have over 950 post to date on this site...not one was helpful with any truck related issue.

WAZZSUP said:
DISCLAIMER:
Please make note that I have over 950 post to date on this site...not one was helpful with any truck related issue.
we werent gonna mention that...lol

havent seen you online at night lately, you must be watching american idol.

X12, this site rocks :rock:

You are all the best in my book.....except Mikey :p

Wazzup - No one tries to help you , we all think you know everything about
these wonderful trucks

FATJACK said:
Wazzup - No one tries to help you , we all think you know everything about
these wonderful trucks

Right or wrong....I have spent a fortune .02 cents worth at a time on this site!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back