You guys are right!

Annu Kumar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I think My transmission is slipping on second gear. Heres what happens When I hit 2nd it takes like 6 seconds to grab the gear and than it finally struggles to do it. But It does happen everytime. Am I Shit out of luck?

i have adjusted mine 10000000 times, and it seems that under very light throttle it's impossible to get it to shift right. these days, I just accellerate a little quicker - or if im in a parking garage or have to go really slow I shift to "1" and it's fine.

Call Joe at Westminster trans...a upgraded band is cheap and works great....mine never slipped again....even at over 900rwhp

Nowwhat said:
Call Joe at Westminster trans...a upgraded band is cheap and works great....mine never slipped again....even at over 900rwhp

Mike can you give me some more info this?

FlyingLow said:
Mike can you give me some more info this?

yep....the 2nd gear band in our trucks is very flexible....it is a bin part and not up to the demands we put on our trucks....Joe at 714-898-0089...will sell you a RIGID band...he also has a 5.0 apply lever and and 2nd gear strut...again all these little bits and pieces are relatively cheap but will hold up....he needs to create a "kit" and sell them to all QC guys....maybe you can set up a GB...?

Hey Nowhat Thanks For the awesome info. I guess srt engineers should have been Paying more attention to the transmission. I thought you were suppose to adjust bands at 15 k according to the owners manual??

Yeah, I mentioned a band adjustment to my stealership and they said no!

I would be interested in a GB, then a group install!!!

Tony! When's the next time you are coming to Florida!?!?!?

Why would your dealership say no? Is it is the manual.

Annu, I would get it adjusted even if I wasn't at 15K miles if it were slipping. I would start with the band adjustment just to see if that takes care of the problem.

Smoke

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back