You think your dealer is a rip off!

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove by the local Ford dealer today and they had a new GT in blue/black and a GT 500 in red/white out front in the blazing hot Maui sun. Well whats the MSRP on the GT $165k or so.................not on Maui....you can take her home for only $450k:( !!!!!! No shit $450k!!! The GT500's MSRP is what $45k..............well on Maui you can have her for a steal for only $90k!!!! :dontknow: Dont know what to tell you fellas, Maui isnt cheap and the Ford dudes really want to bed ya over!!!

This is why I have shipped my last to vehicles in from the mainland.............its way cheaper!!! LOL

patrick

Print some listings off of Ebay and put them under the windshield wipers at the dealership.....:D

Ford GTs can be had for under sticker now....

Thats a good idea.

I had one salesman whom tried to tell my friend that it costs $2500 to ship a car to HI. It actually cost $950. They are ruthless here. When I bought my 10 from Woodhouse ($44k), they were selling them for $59k here!! Crazy!

patrick

Damn, that's absurd! If you've got that kinda money, I would think you'd be smart enough to figure out that you could probably get it for just a tad cheaper. :dontknow:

A lot of times, the big dealers keep those cars on the lot for "traffic" vehicles... You will see the same GT sitting on that lot in 2 years. But, in 2 years, they may just want sticker price for it.

Buy one from MI and have it shipped. ;)

Yup.........but most people are lazy and have no patience. So they overpay all the time here, instead of internet shopping.

It was such a big deal to the local dealers that they convinced the state legislature that when people buy a car on the mainland they should still pay sales tax, even though it was purchased out of state. So now when you ship a car here, you must prove you paid sales tax or they will charge you 4% before they let you get it licensed. Such BS

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Yup.........but most people are lazy and have no patience. So they overpay all the time here, instead of internet shopping.

It was such a big deal to the local dealers that they convinced the state legislature that when people buy a car on the mainland they should still pay sales tax, even though it was purchased out of state. So now when you ship a car here, you must prove you paid sales tax or they will charge you 4% before they let you get it licensed. Such BS

patrick

4% !!!!! :eek: That's a DEAL! :mad: It is 6.5% here in FL. :(

Black1 said:
4% !!!!! :eek: That's a DEAL! :mad: It is 6.5% here in FL. :(

:dito: :ciao: :beer:
lets go down the hurricaine insurance and real estate tax to boot...and were there:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back