Z06

devildog02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i posted a while back about a new guy at work who has an 03 Z06! well today i got a ride, and he even let me drive it back from lunch!!:rock: i really liked it! wasnt use to the clutch tho. i didnt realize they had 3 settings for traction control,! oh yeah! the first thing i noticed when i opened the door was, how light it was! we didnt have much time after that for me to show him the truck, so next time ill let him drive my truck! if you guys want to see a pic ill take the camera to work tomorrow?:dontknow: he also said he got 27 MPG on a short trip out of state!!

Yeah,I drove an 02 model that my dealer took in on a trade....fast little bugger.....and I mean LITTLE....even compared to my SRT8...much less the SRT0...

That C5 Z06 has some nice power, is light weight and has great gearing for acceleration. My '06 has a few mods and is about even with a stock c5 Z06, but when my vette was stock, not a chance. They are a great bang for the buck today.

PhatPharmacist said:
That C5 Z06 has some nice power, is light weight and has great gearing for acceleration. My '06 has a few mods and is about even with a stock c5 Z06, but when my vette was stock, not a chance. They are a great bang for the buck today.
what year did Z06 go from 405hp to, well more? i dont know much about them. i thought they went to 505hp in 06 but like i said i dont know much about them.

I got beat by a C5 version last saturday...even after getting a jump as he forgot to turn off traction control. Once he did and I briefly fumbled with 3rd he was approaching hard and then passed me. I gotta say, those things get up and go...cant imagine the C6 Z06 acceleration. My friend has a yellow C6 Z06, I need to take her out.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I got beat by a C5 version last saturday...even after getting a jump as he forgot to turn off traction control. Once he did and I briefly fumbled with 3rd he was approaching hard and then passed me. I gotta say, those things get up and go...cant imagine the C6 Z06 acceleration. My friend has a yellow C6 Z06, I need to take her out.
the guy is real cool!! im going to point him our way, if its ok with you guys:dontknow: he loves the truck and loves his Z06, his last vehicle was a dodge truck! the guys at work are fnnnnnn with me and im sure there doing the same to him! will you guys welcome him:dontknow: hes a great guy! another guy at work road races a 70 mustang and i might be going to "road america" it aug. 15th i think. anyone else gonna be their?

This is interesting stuff...but where are the pics of Karen and her friend?

devildog02 said:
the guy is real cool!! im going to point him our way, if its ok with you guys:dontknow: he loves the truck and loves his Z06, his last vehicle was a dodge truck! the guys at work are fnnnnnn with me and im sure there doing the same to him! will you guys welcome him:dontknow: hes a great guy! another guy at work road races a 70 mustang and i might be going to "road america" it aug. 15th i think. anyone else gonna be their?

I think you have been here long enough to realize we welcome everyone that enjoys fast trucks and cars. As long as he's not an asshole, I have no problems with him.

I think vehicle lovers of all kinds can add to the environment...if they get out of line, Silverback will slap them around a little and that will solve any problems.

If that doesn't work, we just take the muzzle off of Mikey and that "massive retaliation" strategy is ultimately effective.

devildog02 said:
what year did Z06 go from 405hp to, well more? i dont know much about them. i thought they went to 505hp in 06 but like i said i dont know much about them.

The only C5 Z06 that didn't was the 2001. We bought an '01 but TT'd it, so we're not lacking for pedal.

Between the weight difference, horsepower, and gearing, the C5 Z06 was a heckuva bargain . You can find good ones for low 20's now (bought ours used in '04 for $34k and 17k on the clock), making them killer track cars for the dough. You're hard pressed to find more ass kicking for the money, especially with all of the aftermarket support, and a bottom end that will tolerate upwards of 700hp, stock.:rock:

Werent there some fairly serious oiling issues with the pre C6 Z06s' when tracked? I'm sure I've read/heard several stories about motors blowing from hard track time.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Werent there some fairly serious oiling issues with the pre C6 Z06s' when tracked? I'm sure I've read/heard several stories about motors blowing from hard track time.

The '01 Z06's do go through oil faster than the later models. I believe the engines were set up a bit looser. It is fairly common knowledge in the community. However, there isn't anything I've seen about failures due to oiling issues.

C5 Z06 is a great car. 01= 385 hp, 02-04=405 hp. 01's had oil issues. spend 3 grand and you can run mid 11's all day long! My mind is being torn right now as to what vehcile to buy. My friend will sell my his 03 Z06(stock) for $27k shipped from NY to AZ. On the other hand I am talking to Dave about his truck, I'd much rather have the truck but I am unsure of the upkeep on it. I need to be able to drive it about 10-12K a year. 2 SRT 10's or 1 SRT10 & 1 Z06, when my bonus comes next month I'll let you boys know.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:

I hope this doesn't explain the 'for sale' sign..

I love my truck but i can't wait for the day a Srt-10 Ram or stock Viper meets me at light.:2in1:

Westxsrt10 said:
I love my truck but i can't wait for the day a Srt-10 Ram or stock Viper meets me at light.:2in1:

I think that what TX is saying is that he wants a race...

Nowwhat, Stinker, Hilgee, Bone, Avmech, anyone want to go on a road trip to Amarillo...where is that anyway?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back