Zaino Products, new stuff?

mopar_mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to try out the Zaino stuff everyone is braging up. I was all set to do the Z5-Z6-Z2 deal but now I see that they have a new one that is Z-CS Clear Seal.

Any one try this, they make it sound like it can be used instead of all the other stuff and is better. I emailed them but didn't really get a clear answer as to what is the best way to go. They said to buy the kit and didn't even tell me what the purpose behind Z-CS is, but hey they make more money off form the multpile step stuff so why would they.......:confused:

I start by using Dawn soap to remove the wax on the truck
Wash the truck with regular car soap to ensure the Dawn is off the truck
Claybar the truck
Use the Z-1 polish lock
Then use the Z-2

I then maintain the finish for car shows and stuff with their Z-6

I think thats it for what I do/did when I had the Viper and this truck.

I'm a huge fan of Zaino! If you do the entire process, you will be amazed. On my Brand new (at the time) Magnum I washed the car with Dawn followed by Clay Bar then another wash with Z7. Then two coats of Z5 followed by two coats of Z2 with the detail spray between coats. On a new car, I was skeptical but the difference was insane. I applied twelve coats of Z2 that year and when I traded the car in 5 months ago(had it for 2 years), it was still shinning more then the new Magnums on the lot!! I just picked up more Zaino yesterday and plan on doing the truck in a week! I'll post pics when I do it!

Here's some pics of the Magnum after just a wash. At this point I had over a dozen coats of Zaino. The car is a year old in the pic with over 10K miles.

i am a huge fan of zaino too. i haven't used the new CS stuff that you speak of though. i usually clay bar and polish about once evrey 4 to 6 months

When I bought my used Viper in 2003 (it was a 2001) it had 146 miles on it...basically the paint was fresh.

After I applied the clay bar I WAS AMAZED at the difference in the paint. Same goes for my SRT Ram. The clay bar is THE KEY to the whole process!!

I have recent switched to Turtlewax Ice. I still use 3M products when it comes to compounds and polishes. I first tried Ice on my wife's Caliber and it works pretty darn well. You can apply it in direct sunlight. It does not leave residue on plastic. You can also build coats for a deeper shine. It also seems to last compared to the Zymol carnauba I used to use.

I also heard good things about Zaino, but have never tried it.

-Muzzy

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
When I bought my used Viper in 2003 (it was a 2001) it had 146 miles on it...basically the paint was fresh.

After I applied the clay bar I WAS AMAZED at the difference in the paint. Same goes for my SRT Ram. The clay bar is THE KEY to the whole process!!

Agreed.... :)

Black1 said:
Agreed.... :)

Ditto!!
Clay bar and any good quality polish will look great!!

Zaino = Too Much Work!!:confused:

Would rather be driving!:D

If you are showing your vehicle or keeping it as an investment I can understand the extra mile!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back