Zero Oilpressure :(

santic

Reaction score
Hey
Im from norway and i found lots of good information on this forum, and NOW i have a hudge problem.. sorry for my grammar!

Yesterday i was going to work and i had about 45Mph in 6th gear then the gage started to beep and the oilpressure went down to 0.. :( I have absolutely NO idea why that happend and i really want to hear ur opinion about this.. the engine started to make the tiktiktik sound not VERY bad but bad! I appreciate ALL information you can come with since there aint that many people in norway who knows these engines good..

Best Reegards
Kim

I never put my truck in 6th unless I am going atleast 65mph. Other wise the rpm's are to low. Maybe the rpm's were to low and caused low oil pressure. Did you try in a different gear?

Could be just a sensor or the gauge, they are known to fail, but I would for sure get it checked somewhere to make sure!!
Any oil leaks anywhere???

When my motor had tictictic sound it spun a rod bearing. I hope thats not the case and if it is you will have metal on the drain plug. Let us know what you find.

Last edited:
Check dipstick

Believe it or not, we had a member here in Phoenix running his truck 4-5 quarts low. He was asking about his oil pressure dropping to zero when he braked. I asked him if he checked the oil, turns out that was the problem. :D

Make sure you are running Motor Oil. These Viper motors are very complex and require Motor Oil. If you do not have good oil pressure, you may not have enough Motor Oil. Oil is highly recommended by everyone on this site. :D:D

well, its plenty of oil, its between empty and full! I just had an oil change and now running the best and most expensive 5-30w Mobile oil! There wer a to high tick sound to just be the gauge, i know its not the gauge because of the engine sound :( Some local's maybe thought it could be the oil pump? I find this really strange and it sucks to have such a "random" Problem and it costs shitloads to get fixed 2 here in norway.. i appreciate all answers who can help to find a conclution!

hmm

well, its plenty of oil, its between empty and full! I just had an oil change and now running the best and most expensive 5-30w Mobile oil! There wer a to high tick sound to just be the gauge, i know its not the gauge because of the engine sound :( Some local's maybe thought it could be the oil pump? I find this really strange and it sucks to have such a "random" Problem and it costs shitloads to get fixed 2 here in norway.. i appreciate all answers who can help to find a conclution!

I run mobil 1 15w50 and mine is whisper quiet, next time you change your oil, get that. Its not instant either, takes a while to quiet her down

Hey
Im from norway and i found lots of good information on this forum, and NOW i have a hudge problem.. sorry for my grammar!

Yesterday i was going to work and i had about 45Mph in 6th gear then the gage started to beep and the oilpressure went down to 0.. :( I have absolutely NO idea why that happend and i really want to hear ur opinion about this.. the engine started to make the tiktiktik sound not VERY bad but bad! I appreciate ALL information you can come with since there aint that many people in norway who knows these engines good..

Best Reegards
Kim

Kim, first of all, your grammar is better than most of the Americans on here, so no need to apologize. :). Secondly, is your truck an '04? There is a TSB regarding oil pressure problems for that year.

Kim, first of all, your grammar is better than most of the Americans on here, so no need to apologize. :). Secondly, is your truck an '04? There is a TSB regarding oil pressure problems for that year.

same thing i'm thinkin.:rock:

need mo input:

year model
RC or QC

is your damper loose???

etc.

Hey, hehe thanks! :) Id have to thank the gaming for that i guess! :D
Yeah the car has oil in it.. well i havent checked the pin since the incident :( but when i checked then it was right between low and full! Yeah its an 04 mod :( I spoke to a guy here in norway who specializes in american muscle motors and he told me the oilpump has been a bad problem for 04 mods.. but what could of happend when the oilpump said goodbye? pistons?? Camshaft?? i have no clue and im really afraid of the cost :( hehe

Well im sure i need lifters so il give u a message when i got the facts right from the workshop! Tomorrow is going to be calling around all day to find the right guy for the job! :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back