Zoom knob malfunctioning on '06 navigation head unit

ViperDad

VTCoA Board
Reaction score
So I discovered that the zoom knob is no longer working on the OEM navigation unit in my '06 QC. I can push the knob in all four directions but when I spin it it no longer clicks and it won't zoom. I heard these knobs can go bad but does anyone have any ideas besides replacing the entire head unit?

So I discovered that the zoom knob is no longer working on the OEM navigation unit in my '06 QC. I can push the knob in all four directions but when I spin it it no longer clicks and it won't zoom. I heard these knobs can go bad but does anyone have any ideas besides replacing the entire head unit?

Time for a new truck!!! lol shit that sucks, i bet your goign to have to buy another factory one or an aftermarket. As you know a good after marekt one with Nav is very costly. The pully looks good tho bro.

Gee, thanks for those encouraging words about my busted head unit. At least you noticed how nicely I bolted that new pulley on, I totally made it my b*tch.

Gee, thanks for those encouraging words about my busted head unit. At least you noticed how nicely I bolted that new pulley on, I totally made it my b*tch.

yea you went at that pulley like a spider monkey, you must have been all hopped up on mountain dew!!

Dang, that's halfway to a double din navigation receiver. Guess I'm stuck zoomed all the way in for now.

You can try spraying some electronics cleaner in the knob and move it around. Disconnect the battery and let all the cleaner evaporate. Make sure the cleaner is safe on plastic as well.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back