Any Questions?

As for tires . We all understand when the sit the dry rot … same with brains and then the zombies take over hahaha !
Tires are made using oil in the manufacturing process , some use more than others . I don’t know the % used , but was told Michelin use a high amount .. maybe that relates to the higher costs . More oil the longer it takes to dry out or dry rot is my guess .. I have zero idea of other manufacturer’s processes and oil % !

If you’re not going to drive at constant very high driving speeds .I see no need to have a tire rated at 150 mph or even occasional drag racing hahaha . You can’t constantly run high speeds on the streets , you will get busted before your tires blow out hahaha !
The more chamismo and keep up with the Jones doesn’t ever work for long as most will sooner or later break their bank using the cool factor BLING BLING ! I want my teeth all gold capped and look like Jaws in the James Bond movies hahaha ! They won’t make you go faster .

As for tires . We all understand when the sit the dry rot … same with brains and then the zombies take over hahaha !
Tires are made using oil in the manufacturing process , some use more than others . I don’t know the % used , but was told Michelin use a high amount .. maybe that relates to the higher costs . More oil the longer it takes to dry out or dry rot is my guess .. I have zero idea of other manufacturer’s processes and oil % !

If you’re not going to drive at constant very high driving speeds .I see no need to have a tire rated at 150 mph or even occasional drag racing hahaha . You can’t constantly run high speeds on the streets , you will get busted before your tires blow out hahaha !
The more chamismo and keep up with the Jones doesn’t ever work for long as most will sooner or later break their bank using the cool factor BLING BLING ! I want my teeth all gold capped and look like Jaws in the James Bond movies hahaha ! They won’t make you go faster .
Be careful if using any sort of tire black products. Oil based sprays and treatments can and will eat the tires in my experience. My grandpa would park on wood blocks instead of concrete when storing cars inside. He would also cover tires with cardboard or wood if stored outside to keep the sun off of them. Some people will get the tires off of the ground all together for extended storage...

Using the trickle charger IMO for a vehicle that sits for long periods of time is not necessary. Removing and storing the battery would be a simple way to save a buck and just install or charge it and or hook the cables back up when your going start it . Batteries will sooner or later go bad either way . That’s my thoughts on those constant trickle devices ! Anyone have more input on storing a truck would be an interesting subject and maybe something to learn ! Post up peeps !
Batteries aren't made like they were in the good ole days. "Smart" chargers and maintainers are "better" than the traditional trickle charger. If you don't like them a simple battery cutoff/disconnect switch can help prolong the life without removing the battery from the vehicle. My grandfather would never put his batteries on a concrete floor to store or charge, always a block of wood. He had all kinds of little tricks up his sleeves

Batteries aren't made like they were in the good ole days. "Smart" chargers and maintainers are "better" than the traditional trickle charger. If you don't like them a simple battery cutoff/disconnect switch can help prolong the life without removing the battery from the vehicle. My grandfather would never put his batteries on a concrete floor to store or charge, always a block of wood. He had all kinds of little tricks up his sleeves
Yes, never put it on the concrete floor. Always try to keep it on wood or something. It’s not conductive with the electricity. Your grandpa definitely knows the old timer tricks. Personally I have no problem with just pulling a battery out and setting it up on the shelf somewhere while it’s on its downtime Only takes a minute or two to do that. I’ve also heard those devices can also be dangerous and actually cause fires you’ve hooked up all the time. It’s also using electricity and costing you more. I’m a cheap SOB ha ha

Be careful if using any sort of tire black products. Oil based sprays and treatments can and will eat the tires in my experience. My grandpa would park on wood blocks instead of concrete when storing cars inside. He would also cover tires with cardboard or wood if stored outside to keep the sun off of them. Some people will get the tires off of the ground all together for extended storage...
Yeah, my impression of tires is as they sit. They will lose the oil that’s in them when manufactured overtime they will all dry rot. I’m not sure that actually putting anything on the tire is gonna save it from dry rot or if it does, it’s not gonna extend its life much longer. All I know is that in the manufacturing process they use different percentages of oil which I have no idea but my guess is maybe it does save some time before dry rotting and cost them more. My son worked for Michelin told me all about their process in a two hour phone call . And you definitely don’t wanna put oil on your tread on the outside of the tread anyway unless you want to do a hell of a burn out or play slip and slide. I just used that GX three plastic restore, which is also for rubber and all kinds of stuff vinyl and even leather. It says it seem to do pretty well from what I can tell for at least the look on the outside walls of the tire it’s not slippery. It just gives it a, decent cleanliness to it not like that shiny black stuff which I won’t use up your tires or something overtime I have no idea it does have aloe vera in it. Maybe it’ll moisturize your tires ha ha. But I’ve also used it on everything from the engine plastic metal even on paint and it seems to be pretty decent so far it’s not greasy oily, but it definitely makes the parts it gets on. Look a lot cleaner and easier just a wipe off.

I thought i was doing that to keep the brain connected lol

I'm thinking the same thing! I feel the 130 rating minimum would work!

Battery is in the truck with charger on it. So far it works well i think it's a maintenance style

Yeah, my impression of tires is as they sit. They will lose the oil that’s in them when manufactured overtime they will all dry rot. I’m not sure that actually putting anything on the tire is gonna save it from dry rot or if it does, it’s not gonna extend its life much longer. All I know is that in the manufacturing process they use different percentages of oil which I have no idea but my guess is maybe it does save some time before dry rotting and cost them more. My son worked for Michelin told me all about their process in a two hour phone call . And you definitely don’t wanna put oil on your tread on the outside of the tread anyway unless you want to do a hell of a burn out or play slip and slide. I just used that GX three plastic restore, which is also for rubber and all kinds of stuff vinyl and even leather. It says it seem to do pretty well from what I can tell for at least the look on the outside walls of the tire it’s not slippery. It just gives it a, decent cleanliness to it not like that shiny black stuff which I won’t use up your tires or something overtime I have no idea it does have aloe vera in it. Maybe it’ll moisturize your tires ha ha. But I’ve also used it on everything from the engine plastic metal even on paint and it seems to be pretty decent so far it’s not greasy oily, but it definitely makes the parts it gets on. Look a lot cleaner and easier just a wipe off.
The tire guys told me the newer michelins - the Primacy - was the one we talked about, have a different compound and it was causing early sidewall checking on my dailys. I went to Yokohama and happy so far. They said no tire black products or other treatments are revommended because they can cause early damage and also they said the tires Oil themselves by being driven. Sitting isn't good on tires and I've always heard lifting the vehicle helps when it's in storage. Mine wasn't technically supposed to be stored - change of venue was the problem hahah

I thought i was doing that to keep the brain connected lol
You have a point on that, but I’m not sure exactly what effect it would actually have once you juiced it back up it should retain the program like any other electronic device . Where is Ronnie ?The whales are gone. He needs to get back to earth ha ha ha.

Last edited:
The tire guys told me the newer michelins - the Primacy - was the one we talked about, have a different compound and it was causing early sidewall checking on my dailys. I went to Yokohama and happy so far. They said no tire black products or other treatments are revommended because they can cause early damage and also they said the tires Oil themselves by being driven. Sitting isn't good on tires and I've always heard lifting the vehicle helps when it's in storage. Mine wasn't technically supposed to be stored - change of venue was the problem hahah
That’s the best way to store it get the weight off tires, especially with those Pirelli‘s. You remember hearing about in posts that the Perelli’s would get the feel that they had a flat spot after sitting for a while until you got them heated up again after running the truck for a bit. I know the feeling I had it. It’s the Fred Flintstone square tire hard rock syndrome.

Last edited:
I always do something on my tires. A lot of people clean up their side walls using soap which is going to take away properties overtime and dry them out. I’ve used armor all many times. I did use that tire black in about 1970 when it first came out that was the ugliest stuff I ever saw . Might as well spray paint the damn tires. I still like the look of the GX-3 plastic restore stuff, but I have no idea if it will hurt the tires short term long-term or any term but the look is fine and doesn’t have the shine so I’ll probably continue using that. Maybe a moisturizer was the purpose they put aloe vera in it to slow down the dry rot , who knows .

Last edited:
I'm thinking the same thing! I feel the 130 rating minimum would work!
I have no doubt that’ll work I mean even on a long trip on the highway. How fast are you going to drive , 130 ? Basically that’s around double the average speed of most people driving. Figuring what , 70 miles an hour with a few burst over 100.

Last edited:
OK, I put it in this any questions thread. For one I want to keep it bump near the top anyway, but my question refers to detailing. I’ve been curious about what’s the best wax or paint protection and what people think. I’ve been reading about ceramic and now this new fancy stuff called graphene, which is very expensive. There are a few suppliers or companies that use it in car wax. I guess it’s supposed to be the next trend and the top of the line of everything marketing is gonna go crazy. They had a couple of them at Walmart. I was looking at I think was a 12 ounce bottle maybe 10 around $28 dollars . From what I hear about the prices graphene is extremely expensive in the pure form so I have no idea how much they actually put in the car wax’s . Has anybody used these , tested these or have any opinions of these newfangled washes and waxes. Any input or information could be helpful today and in the future, if the trend changes and move forward.

Ronnie, take a look at graphene and its uses not just a wax thing. Technically it’s out of this world according to what they’re saying.

Last edited:
I mean, I’ve always do something on my tires. A lot of people have clean up their side walls. I mean, you even look at it using soap is going to take away properties overtime dry them out. I’ve used armor all many times. I did use that tire black in about 1970 when it first came out that was the ugliest stuff I ever saw Might as well spray paint the damn tires. I still like the look of the GX three plastic restore stuff, but I have no idea if it will hurt the tires short term long-term or any term but the look is fine and doesn’t have the shine so I’ll probably continue using that , maybe that’s the purpose they put aloe vera in it who knows
Just burn em off and who cares right!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back