This guy definitely loves to detail !

Oh my gawd!! Those were some eyelashes!
She had to hire a sculptor to pit her makeup on every day .. Poor Jim Baker ,, it’s no wonder he got busted lol

My baby Dakot has returned from the car hospital..
seems to be a successful operation..
the fly wheel appeared to be within reasonable shape to not replace or turn .. but then again the doctor couldn’t find one if needed anywhere …
Clutch , pressure plate , throw out bearing and pilot bearing replaced .. Fluid changed .
He even had the tool to remove a rounded lug nut .. it was still tough to get off but got it and no charge :) so now I put the last new lug nut on and can finish the detail on the wheels and hopefully check the rear brakes .
Total cost was 1425.70 .. What do you think of the old clutch hahaha …. I think oneside had plenty of life left ! Hahaha .
Now just a matter of giving it run time !IMG_0822.jpegIMG_0821.jpeg

My baby Dakot has returned from the car hospital..
seems to be a successful operation..
the fly wheel appeared to be within reasonable shape to not replace or turn .. but then again the doctor couldn’t find one if needed anywhere …
Clutch , pressure plate , throw out bearing and pilot bearing replaced .. Fluid changed .
He even had the tool to remove a rounded lug nut .. it was still tough to get off but got it and no charge :) so now I put the last new lug nut on and can finish the detail on the wheels and hopefully check the rear brakes .
Total cost was 1425.70 .. What do you think of the old clutch hahaha …. I think oneside had plenty of life left ! Hahaha .
Now just a matter of giving it run time !View attachment 66437View attachment 66438
Great news on the little guy!! And the price was very fair! GO SEVENS!! Hahahaha to the SIXES!

That clutch coulda been just fine with a little NEVR DULL! :D :p:p

Great news on the little guy!! And the price was very fair! GO SEVENS!! Hahahaha to the SIXES!

I haven’t seen any sixes yet today .. keeping my finger in a cross and have the holly water sitting next to me .. ;)

Yes , Nevr Dull would have cured all the problem .. just goes to show you that not keeping a work truck clean for decades does hahaha !
Now I have to remove the last wheel and detail it and the wheel well .. hopefully I can get the drum off this side and check the brake pads hahaha .. hopefully the pads are good like the fronts were !

I looked under the truck after the clutch repair to inspect and things look fine .. I even dared to go to Walmart for groceries and survived hahaha and was successful 100% hahaha . Dakota seems to be running maybe a little better than before most likely due to the clutch being toasted .. probably even get better mileage hahaha . I knew and suspected the clutch was going for a good while .. but the health crap for 4 years made me hold off on big expenses.
I did a code check and the 0320 code is gone . The 1492 is still there and as expected the 0051 code returned one it was running again .. those codes have been on as long as I can remember .
1492 s the Battery temperature sensor and the 0051 is the oxygen sensor .. I’ll need to attend to those soon but need to get back square on my budget .. I was researching the oxygen sensors and prices ,, damn there all over the place on price .. even some say they are performance sensors ,, WTH does that do ? Hundreds of $ for those and both truck have 4 sensors , NO IDEA ! I’ll stick with the 38 to 50$ sensor lol !

Hey @rottenronnie or anyone ,, can ou explain what a performance oxygen sensor does or will do ! Appears to me they just send a signal to the controller to see the fuel mixture and I guess keep it within optimum parameter ranges ..

What I would really like to do is eliminate all the computer crap and sensor crap like in the old days .. I wonder if it’s possible with in a reasonable cost or even junk yard parts to do so with a distributor and vacuum advance and the old Mopar brain box set up .. they use to sell the complete kit years ago and even MSD sold a brain box ..I wonder if the older electronic distributors are interchangeable?
As for the fuel injection and the computer there should be a way to eliminate the today’s factory computer and control the fuel injectors like the past .
Oh I live in a no emissions state at this time anyway .. so that should not be a problem here ! Sorry , Wifey your out of luck hahaha

@VIPR PWR As for the persistent codes that won't go away - I was watching you tube Scotty - remember him? Well he says you can get rid of those codes by using a 10w 1ohm resistor to safely reset the PCM without damaging it. According to Scotty most of those codes get stuck in the brain because they never get properly cleared or reset as Most mechanics don't own the expensive code reset machines. Of course I'm no expert :eek:;)

Maybe it was on here I saw it?

Takes 15 minutes May be with a try?

Last edited:
What I would really like to do is eliminate all the computer crap and sensor crap like in the old days .. I wonder if it’s possible with in a reasonable cost or even junk yard parts to do so with a distributor and vacuum advance and the old Mopar brain box set up .. they use to sell the complete kit years ago and even MSD sold a brain box ..I wonder if the older electronic distributors are interchangeable?
As for the fuel injection and the computer there should be a way to eliminate the today’s factory computer and control the fuel injectors like the past .
Oh I live in a no emissions state at this time anyway .. so that should not be a problem here ! Sorry , Wifey your out of luck hahaha
It would be great to go back to simpler! Hahahaha

My only recourse is to keep my 69 pre smog vehicle for when I need to bypass all the emissions crap -
legally! lol lol

@VIPR PWR As for the persistent codes that won't go away - I was watching you tube Scotty - remember him? Well he says you can get rid of those codes by using a 10w 1ohm resistor to safely reset the PCM without damaging it. According to Scotty most of those codes get stuck in the brain because they never get properly cleared or reset as Most mechanics don't own the expensive code reset machines. Of course I'm no expert :eek:;)

Maybe it was on here I saw it?

Takes 15 minutes May be with a try?
Yes was posted on here … I’m addicted to the 900 billion vids Scotty has put up hahaha

I really don’t think it would be expensive to revert to the past days .. it’s only a matter of part from the past or after market being compatible to replace where needed to replace the new parts of today .. wire them in it’s all 12 volt IMO !

It would be great to go back to simpler! Hahahaha

My only recourse is to keep my 69 pre smog vehicle for when I need to bypass all the emissions crap -
legally! lol lol
Hahaha ..I think the PCV VALVE was required in 69 hahaha .. I remember before the PCV valve and a tube was just run down under the engine and ventilated smoke under the car .. I guess people got tired of driving and getting home and blowing black boogers out of their noses from snorting the crankcase fumes hahaha

Hahaha ..I think the PCV VALVE was required in 69 hahaha .. I remember before the PCV valve and a tube was just run down under the engine and ventilated smoke under the car .. I guess people got tired of driving and getting home and blowing black boogers out of their noses from snorting the crankcase fumes hahaha
Ah yess! Those were the days!! Hahahaha!! I have one of those PCV valves in a barrel With other hoses and crap that the old owner had on it! It's not required to smog it until 74 and later so it's hood :p:cool:

Ah yess! Those were the days!! Hahahaha!! I have one of those PCV valves in a barrel With other hoses and crap that the old owner had on it! It's not required to smog it until 74 and later so it's hood :p:cool:
PCV valves became a mandatory replacement with every tune up decades ago ..

Back