02 sim question

zcoupe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have cat-delete on my truck but i dont have the o2 sim. If i get the o2 sim will i get better gas mileage? does anyone know of vendors or tuner shops in houston for our trucks? Thanks in advance

I just called the but they said that the o2 sim wouldnt not help me get stock gas mileage. My truck is showing avg 8 mpg and thats driving the speed limit. Is that normal?

I don't think iot will change your gas mileage. 8 MPG is normal for around town.

Be sure to reset your computer to zero when on the highway or you are reading an average not direct reading

zz i just looked on there site.... i need the sims as well... <sick of looking at my check engine lite>

lemme know...

Thanks,
-rw

you guys without cats need sims or you need a pcm flash to eliminate your cel.....

mechanical sims are different from electrical..... with mechanical, you install the mechanical sims in the back two o2 sensor positions, then install your o2 sensor into the sims...... see pic in link:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=133&t=229959

i used the #42002 part's from any local parts store for ~$6.00 a packet (you need a packet for each side)....... from each of the two packets, you need to drill out one of them with a 1/2" drill bit & install them like in the pics in the link above.... you'll probably have to unplug your battery to clear the code (~30 mins) & some driving time may also be involved to clear the code.....

what they do is remove your o2 sensors out of the exhaust stream enough to fool it into thinking there are cats...... work great on my system for months.........

any q's, just ask.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back