'04 Cold engine driveability issues

First thing I would do is fill it up with some good quality gas and throw in some Stabil marine(The blue stuff). The ethenol in the gas attracts moisture. It may be new to your tank, but you dont know how long it was in the stations tank. With the price of gas now I don't think premium is selling as much. Run it a while and then pull a couple of plugs and inspect. Then go from there. I always start with the obvious simple stuff first.

I'm running the fuel that was there when I parked it in the Fall. Since I don't drive it very much compared to others moisture is certainly a possibility.

Finally tripped a P0121. TPS malfunction. It had run fine for the past few months, then last night it got rained on. I was headed to a show this a.m. and it ran like crap as it had before. Tripped the CEL. I'm left wondering of it's the seal on the plug. Time to investigate!

same thing hapenned to me so i changed the iac and the tps no more problems/if you pull apart the tps you will see what a pos it is /water can get in it and mess with the readings/ dont buy aftermarket they are even cheaper pos

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back