04 Srt-10 RC vs Dakota R/T w/ Novi 1200?

dodgeff232

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was offered a friendly invite to run the dakota, just for fun. I was wondering how close this race is going to be. i've always raced with manuals, so shifting aint a problem. The guys got some good money put in his truck. i think it'll be a close race.

the 5.9 Dakota are Pretty quick. But with a Novi on it It's gonna be a bad SOB But I think It will be a good race against a Ram srt 10. what do you guys think.

You might have your hands full with that one. He can make less power but since he weighs less it will be a close race. See if he is on any of the other forums. You might be able to find out his track times. If you do race them make it street tire for street tire.

street tires are my only chance to get him. i think his wheels are 8in wide verses my 10in (wheel i mean). i forgot to mention that it is a xtended cab. if we race i'll get it on video. hope i don't let ya'll down.

Quick internet search shows the R/T rated at 245hp stock, Paxton website claims 40% gain at 7.5-8.5 psi - so figure around 350 horsepower, maybe more if he has other engine upgrades, more boost, or custom tune.

Only one way to find out for sure - line 'em up somewhere safe, let us know the outcome.

if all he has is a supercharger, you'll take em, that motor is restricted. if he's got heads, cam, M1 intake custom tune..its gonna be close, he might even take you. I had a 2000 4X4 quad cab dakota with a 5.9 that ran 14.0 with heads cam tune and headers. again that was 4X4 N/A.

guess we'll find out, but he did get ride of the beer keg intake, do he has to have the m-1. anybody want to lend me a s/c?

dodgeff232 said:
guess we'll find out, but he did get ride of the beer keg intake, do he has to have the m-1. anybody want to lend me a s/c?
that alone i wouldnt be worried

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back