06 SRT10 Wont Shut Off...

Trouble@NJ

Reaction score
Hello all, New here.
I have a 06 SRT10 that's not shutting off. Alls fine when you cycle the key to on and press the push start, It starts up fine. But after cycling the key to the off postion the truck hesitates, slightly idles down.. stutters then idles back up.
(Keys in off position) I can take the key out of the vechicle and walk away and it still running. Little uneasy. Specially after someone decided to leave the truck on cinderblocks 4 days b4 xmas. Right in our driveway... police stations not even a mile down the road.. The balls on them..
If I cycle the key back and fourth over and over. It will finally cut out. But not shut off they way it should. It bogs out.
Any ideas?

Thanks for any ideas?
Can't get into dealer until next Thursday.. So hoping I can do something.. Other than pull the damn battery cable every time I want to shut it off.

I believe they had a recall for that. I know my 06 jeep srt8 did. Call them with your vin to check.

It's your ignition switch boss. They likely tried to steal the entire truck before just taking the wheels ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back