1/4 time help

MENACE_VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, have a few questions. Bought my truck last year and got a few passes on it before I put it away for the winter. Finally got it all put together and went to the track last weekend. Was kinda disappointed with my time. Was wondering if I can get some times from other QC's and there mod list, trying to figure out if my time is normal for what I have done. My best time is a 13.7 at 103mph. I feel like the truck should be faster. Last year I had a MagnaFlow exhaust and the rest was stock and ran a 14.1 at 98. This year I added benglar headers w/o cats, jmb cold air intake, 170 stat, 10mm plug wires, roe racing tb and a tune from jmb, and lost the heavy rubber bed matt and spare tire.

Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• 20150714_161311.jpg
    20150714_161311.jpg
    881.2 KB · Views: 83
What was the DA that day?

DA? lol. Temp was about the same both times. Low 70's high 60's vermont weather is sucking lately

4/10s of a second is a decent amount you knocked off. Get rid of the spinning off the line, our stall converter, and fine tune your SCT and you'll be 13.1

4/10s of a second is a decent amount you knocked off. Get rid of the spinning off the line, our stall converter, and fine tune your SCT and you'll be 13.1

No spinning off the line, hooked really well because they prepped that night. We need to chat about your stall converter and I Def need to fine tune it on a dyno. A big help would be to adjust the shift points on the trans so I don't have to manually shift..but I'll have to reasearch that At some point.

I run in Napervillé Canada alot. It's 50 min from my house in Vermont. The other closest track is 3 hours away in Epping NH.

Ahh I see. Epping is about 1hr 30 min- 1hr 45min from me but that's usually where I go. If you are ever heading that way make sure you post up on the forum.

Ahh I see. Epping is about 1hr 30 min- 1hr 45min from me but that's usually where I go. If you are ever heading that way make sure you post up on the forum.

Ok I'll Def post it up. I'll be down there in Oct for a show. I'll have both my toys.

Attachments

• 20150709_204846.jpg
    20150709_204846.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • 20150709_204929.jpg
    20150709_204929.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
DA definitely makes a difference when comparing if you want apples to apples. otherwise someone with the same mods can have a way different time. that along with traction, 60ft time, launch rpm, etc

Caltracs, tape the front grill off, lose the tailgate, spare tire, and the tonneau cover if you have one. tow hitch if you know you won't use it. fold in mirrors, remove antenna. Drag radials and some skinny rime and tires up front. Shift kit and higher stall torque converter. Oh and some high octane race gas.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back