100 octane tune

572mopar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
by Unleashed Tuning, My truck came with a SCT so i emailed Torrie about a tune for running 100 LL, after 4hrs of hair pulling and trying to figure out how to download the tunes Torrie finally got me there, of course it took about 50 emails of questions to him on how and why it wouldnt work, i did ask him numerous times to call me to talk me through it which wouldve been 10x faster but he wouldnt call which is my only gripe but overall the truck has come to life, i have a ScanGauge live data reader so i can see what the timing is doing along with some other things, Its ashamed we have to pay to tune our vehicals now days, What happen to bolting on bigger carbs and putting the timing where the engine ran its best ??? lol o well just thought id share my experience with my new tune and hope to hear about any others.

Glad to here you got everything working correct. I don't think Torrie likes phones. I agree with you about the old school tunes. They were much more fun before the computers. HiRise & Holleys.

by Unleashed Tuning, My truck came with a SCT so i emailed Torrie about a tune for running 100 LL, after 4hrs of hair pulling and trying to figure out how to download the tunes Torrie finally got me there, of course it took about 50 emails of questions to him on how and why it wouldnt work, i did ask him numerous times to call me to talk me through it which wouldve been 10x faster but he wouldnt call which is my only gripe but overall the truck has come to life, i have a ScanGauge live data reader so i can see what the timing is doing along with some other things, Its ashamed we have to pay to tune our vehicals now days, What happen to bolting on bigger carbs and putting the timing where the engine ran its best ??? lol o well just thought id share my experience with my new tune and hope to hear about any others.

+1 I had the same experience with Torrie. Loading tunes was not an issue for me, however, the rest of his "Silent Partner" tactics paid off. His custom tweaks to my tune have the truck running with authority on 91 swill.

I utilized my AEM wideband and current conditions to feed Torrie the information needed to bump the tune.

Can you share the information you obtained from the ScanGuage? Curious to see how much timing is in his tunes. Did you also work on a pump gas tune?

Cheers?

+1 I had the same experience with Torrie. Loading tunes was not an issue for me, however, the rest of his "Silent Partner" tactics paid off. His custom tweaks to my tune have the truck running with authority on 91 swill.

I utilized my AEM wideband and current conditions to feed Torrie the information needed to bump the tune.

Can you share the information you obtained from the ScanGuage? Curious to see how much timing is in his tunes. Did you also work on a pump gas tune?

Cheers?
id have to take a drive and record the rpm,gear and throttle input and watch the timing, i had a 89 91 93 tune before the updates, while i was on the 93 i could be cruising at 35mph in 3rd with timing about 20-27deg then shift to 4th and verter lock up while at a light foot increase in throttle the engine was kinda lazy, but for 93 octane may have been fine and safe for no pinging but with 100 i knew i could use waay more timing, and now the timing with the same throttle inputs im seeing 30-35deg, i could prob tolerate a lil more but i havent driven it enuff, at 60-65mph steady im seeing 35-36 deg, if i could speak to Torrie and ask what i could look for on my scan gauge to see if he could tweak it more i would, The Scan Gauge is just a AutoZone obd reader you plug and adjust to your vehical and go, wish i had a Air/Fuel meter for this and my race car, Torrie also did a 87 tune for me but i hadnt messed with it im sure its a real power killer but for cheap gas itd be worth having.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back