100 PSI

SRT-Great

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to bug the pro's about this, my truck always reads 100+PSI just changed the oil and nothing, the engine and oil temp are always right. The engine doesn't have any knocking either, sounds normal. Do you think my sensor died on me? Here's my questions:

Is there any other troubleshooting I can do?

Where's the sensor located (Pic Maybe)?

Where the best place to buy a replacement?

Thanks for the help in advance.

the sensor s on the passenger side of the block right next to the oil lines....dont have a pic but just look at the oil lines and its the sensor right next to it

Check the wires

Does it read 100+ psi with the key on but the engine off? If so, it is most likely the sending unit. They tend to fail in that mode.

No it reads alittle over 50PSI with the key in the on prosition, once it's turned on it goes over 100.

Okay, I'm newbe the oil has a sending unit? Can you explain that for me? Thanks

Okay, so after tons of reading this weekend, turns out it's just a lingo thing: Pressure Sensor is the same as as sending unit. I found one online for about 40. I'll update you y'all later when it's installed.

Just ordered a oil pressure switch from Rock Auto for 11.57 plus shipping. I'll have an update when I have it installed.

Do you know if I should drain my oil first, or does it matter? I don't want oil all over my drive way, or should I say anymore....

You can change it out without draining your oil. Just a little oil will drip out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back