1650 Mile Road Trip!

Well ladies, I'm calling it a night in Greenville Illinois. 757 miles knocked out today. I decided to take the advice of Denver will still be there tomorrow! Weather is rolling in and the deer are out and about. I could easily roll a 1000 miles, but I ain't got nothing to prove. Good weather for the most part. Avg 10.5 miles to the gallon. Oil temp is running 210-220 depending on tow haul on or off. Coolant is running at 200 all day.

Slow morning, I'm in Pendleton Missouri. Performance is dropping. Down to 10.1 avg.

Wait till you get out west and are driving uphill all the time.

Gas mileage is shot at this point. 9.6 avg. I'm on the 70 turnpike at McDonalds. Tolls suck!

I agree I hate tolls. Cant stand them but gotta pay them. Unless you want to pay a few 1oo in tickets later on lol ha hahahahah

yea tolls suck and its only on the KS turnpike that there were any tolls during the whole drive. Now when you get into Denver Im not sure what route your planning on taking but I-70 West runs into I-25 which is the main highway in Denver. If the route tells you to take E-470 it is a License plate toll road and may shave a few minutes off your time but its not worth the $15 bucks in tolls. Just stay on 70 to 25, atleast thats what I do.

Stratton, CO for the night. I put the smack down on Kansas. Kansas is a huge mind game. I don't care to do that again. I'll be at my new home within 2 hours tomorrow. I'll tally up the gas receipts in the morning.

... And we have a grand total of $720.75 spent on gas. I have near a full tank and two hours to go. Coffee first!!!

Enjoying your trip? Interesting to see this great country, some parts can do w/o tho. Shoot me a message when you get to your place, know you got a few things to do. Welcome to Mile High, ltr, Bob

Enjoying your trip? Interesting to see this great country, some parts can do w/o tho. Shoot me a message when you get to your place, know you got a few things to do. Welcome to Mile High, ltr, Bob

So far I like it. I did see Hue Hefners limo. License plate said Hefner1. Playboy bunny emblems on the windows. I still gotta unpack half of everything I own. I'll be in touch.

Trip seemed much shorter sitting here :D

Always does when u NOT sittin behind wheel, made trips from Colorado to Wi back & forth many times. Always seemed to be a pain in the ass closer we got to each end!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back