1qksrt's New Personal Best

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We met up at the track yesterday for the truck challenge and he had be flirting with the 11's all day, but never getting quite there until his last pass.

He pulled a 11.905 at 120.66 mph ON STREET TIRES! :eek:

I have a couple of vids from earlier runs, but missed this one. Here is a pic of the time slip, tires, and his truck with his need hood. Pretty BADASS.

Attachments

• Mickey's Time Slip.JPG
    Mickey's Time Slip.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Mickey's Tires.JPG
    Mickey's Tires.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Mickey's truck.JPG
    Mickey's truck.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 129
That's haulin ass...........:rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats: street rubber..........:rock: :D :rock:

Ithought Mickey was going to use the M&H setup. I predicted a mid 11 on M&H's.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: He must of done this on the street tires :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: Congrats Mickey

Great run...but what was the truck that turned the 11.59?

Pretty impressive for street tires :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

SrtBrad said:
Ithought Mickey was going to use the M&H setup. I predicted a mid 11 on M&H's.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: He must of done this on the street tires :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: Congrats Mickey

He tried them but didn't like them, and switched to the street radials. Not sure if he was heating them up enough during the burn outs, but he would brake them loose shifting into 2nd.

LitemUp said:
He tried them but didn't like them, and switched to the street radials. Not sure if he was heating them up enough during the burn outs, but he would brake them loose shifting into 2nd.

When I spoke to Mickey I told him heat them up for only 3 - 5 seconds then let off the line lock to clean them up. If he did that he should be able to launch at a fairly good track at 4K without spinning and possibly get a 1.8 or def a 1.9 sixty ft time. His MPH are there but his time should be a lot better. Was he roasting the tires half way down the track?

That's AWESOME Mickey:driver::burnout: :burnout:

LitemUp said:
We met up at the track yesterday for the truck challenge and he had be flirting with the 11's all day, but never getting quite there until his last pass.

He pulled a 11.905 at 120.66 mph ON STREET TIRES! :eek:

I have a couple of vids from earlier runs, but missed this one. Here is a pic of the time slip, tires, and his truck with his need hood. Pretty BADASS.

Whose hood is that???? It has 5 louvers in it. I thought all the new raised cowls only had like 3 or 4.

SHU-DOG said:
Whose hood is that???? It has 5 louvers in it. I thought all the new raised cowls only had like 3 or 4.

That's Mickey's...1qksrt... he has a few tricks up his sleeve...;) :rock:

Great job Mickey. Awesome run. I see shaved calipers and slicks in your future. That trap speed should get you close to an 11.0 pass.

Thanks Guys,
For starters,I had an absolute blast this weekend.I got to spend the entire weekend with my grandson and alot of great friends.
I went to the track Friday evening with hopes of getting a handle on running the truck with the 390s.Well that didn't go well at all!!!I was all over track,I tried different tire pressures,(16 to 24 psi).I have no line lock,and trying to do a proper burnout wasn' gonna happen!Saturday mourning,We got to the track early,to try the 390s again.After almost wrecking the truck a couple of times (Literally completely sideways at the top of third) and worried about hurting the truck,I thought about parking it.Then they announced 15 minutes to qualifying.I decided to go with what I know.I ran the two qualifying rounds with back to back 12.03s-.028-.029 reaction times(not too bad)I dialed in at 12.01,dropped tire pressure to 26 psi.and lined up againt a Lightning with a veteran driver(stripped truck,slicks,programmed trans,etc)I thought that if I
just run the way I've been,that I would have a shot.Well I fell asleep at the light and he was on me at the sixty,he would take me when I'd shift and I would reel him afterwards.At the top end I started pulling on him hard.Thinking
that I shouldn't be doing this.(the funny part is that my grandson told me to dial in at 11.90):dontknow:
Line lock and more practice is in my future:D
Alex(litemup) is one hell of a driver and I know that will be deep in 11s before too long:D I feel privileged to be surrounded by such awesome friends such as Alex:rock: :rock: I have a video of that run and will post up when I can figure out how to transfer it from my old camcorder:dontknow:
By the way:What is the best time recorded on O.E.M. tires???
Thanks again to all with the kudos:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back