2 More newbie questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TnVTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I get those killer twin stripes for my '05 QuadCab?
Where can I get the windshield "Viper SRT-10" banner?:dontknow:
Sorry for the probably simple questions...:flute:
But hey, I havn't even had the truck a week yet!:star:
Thanks,

Stripes and windshield were done by one of my friend ,where you from ?
If you can drive here i can fix you up on a killer deal...

Attachments

• windshield banner.JPG
    windshield banner.JPG
    551.4 KB · Views: 226
  • SRT-10 032good.jpg
    SRT-10 032good.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 227
I'm from East Tennessee...a little too far for me...
But, thanks for the offer!
This is the best forum I have ever belonged to!

Serge - those are some rawking pics of your ride, ami :D :rock:

TnVTX said:
I'm from East Tennessee...a little too far for me...
But, thanks for the offer!
This is the best forum I have ever belonged to!
Welcome - it is a great place to be.:D

I purchased silver metalic stripes from Sierra Signs & Graphics. They have all colors available. They're located somewhere in Maryland. [email protected]. Ian is a great guy and was very helpful.
They are decals and I did the job myself. I ordered extra striping in case I messed up and I'm glad I did. If I could figure out how to reduce picture size, I'd post a pic of the truck with stripes.. Black with Silver is a good combo.

Haul-N-Ass said:
I purchased silver metalic stripes from Sierra Signs & Graphics. They have all colors available. They're located somewhere in Maryland. [email protected]. Ian is a great guy and was very helpful.
They are decals and I did the job myself. I ordered extra striping in case I messed up and I'm glad I did. If I could figure out how to reduce picture size, I'd post a pic of the truck with stripes.. Black with Silver is a good combo.
Post your pics on Photobucket and then just link to them here, that should work.

Haul-N-Ass said:

I use the plain 'ol simple "Paint" that comes with XP, it's the default image editing program.
When you view the image, double-click on the icon to see it only, then at the bottom, there is an icon that will close XP viewer & open "paint" for image editing.
Once the image appears in "Paint",
click on "Image" at top,
click on "stretch/skew",
change 100% for both to say...20%
then click "ok"
then click on "File", "Save As", and title it whatever you want, and remember where you stored that file.
You can then upload that smaller version to one of several image hosting sites, then link to it from this site.
If not, just email me the image, since I'm the one who wants to see it!
[email protected]
Good Luck.

Were the stripes "ready to go on"? Or, did they require cutting to length, notching around the scoop, cutting into sections for hood, grill, air dam, tonneau cover, wing, etc...

TnVTX said:
I use the plain 'ol simple "Paint" that comes with XP, it's the default image editing program.
When you view the image, double-click on the icon to see it only, then at the bottom, there is an icon that will close XP viewer & open "paint" for image editing.
Once the image appears in "Paint",
click on "Image" at top,
click on "stretch/skew",
change 100% for both to say...20%
then click "ok"
then click on "File", "Save As", and title it whatever you want, and remember where you stored that file.
You can then upload that smaller version to one of several image hosting sites, then link to it from this site.
If not, just email me the image, since I'm the one who wants to see it!
[email protected]
Good Luck.

Were the stripes "ready to go on"? Or, did they require cutting to length, notching around the scoop, cutting into sections for hood, grill, air dam, tonneau cover, wing, etc...

Thanks for the pic info. If I can't figure it out, and if you don't mind, I'll send them to you and let you post them.
The stripes are not cut to length, but that is no biggie. The hood stripes go nicely around the scoop. No notching required. Put the hood stripes on first and use the distance between to two as a guide for the rest of the truck. Sissors, a sharp exacto or wall paper trimmer and a spray bottle full of water and a couple drips of dish soap added is all you need. Oh yeah, wait for a cool, cloudy day or find a garage with enough ceiling height to stand in the bed.
Took me about two hours with the wife's help. Use plenty of spray. Dry fit everything first. Especially the hood stripes. Once you get the stripes where you want them on the dry fit, mark their location with masking tape and use the tape as a guide for the final wet fit. You are going to get hundreds of bubbles under the decals. Do not try to squeegie them out. You may tear the stripe. I used a small brad (nail) ground to a very sharp point and poked a hole in the bubble and forced out the air or water with my finger. When the stripes cure for a week, all the bubbles will be history.

if you decide to go with the vinyl stripes, PM me when you are ready to install and we can get on the phone and I'll walk you thru it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back