2005 CE Wanted

08MagnumSrt8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be looking for a CE in the near future. It must be in excellent original condition. I want as low miles as possible. I first need to sell my place near Washington DC and buy a place with a bigger garage. I have only a one car garage and my 08 Magnum SRT sits in there. The truck will be babied and pampered. Only driven in good weather and taken to shows. I would also consider other mint 05/06 regular cabs but really want an CE. I should have cash in hand by the summer. Please let me know what is around and we can start a conversation. Thanks Ron

I may have 2 CE's pretty soon. One of which won't be for sale. What kind of miles are you looking for?

I'd like the mileage to be under 50,000. Lower is better. Keep me posted.

You would be crazy to not have interest in the truck I have listed "For Sale". It is exactly what you are saying you want except for it's a 2004. Back when the 04's were thought to have a less than superior engine in comparison to the 05 and 06's I though people had a valid reason. After speaking with multiple known Viper builders I now believe this is a myth. Do yourself a favor and give Todd over at AC Performance a call. Very reputable Viper builder, he informed me last summer that he believes the 05/06 have been more prone to blow. I actually directly asked him as when I was anticipating building my truck I asked him if my 04 was more likely to blow and that is when he informed me that it was the other way around. I have had an 04 and an 06. I have never had an issue with either. I truly feel as if they are equally as reliable and amazing trucks!

Is it true the 04's did not come with Brembo brakes? I love the look and performance of the Brembo's on my 08 SRT. I tend to baby my cars and not run that hard and put them away wet. So I'm not to concerned about blowing one up. Let me know what you have for sale. Thanks

The SRT10s did not come with Brembos in any year

Thanks for the brake info. I guess I have seen many pictures with red calipers and assumed! Were the brakes upgraded for 05/06?

Is it true the 04's did not come with Brembo brakes? I love the look and performance of the Brembo's on my 08 SRT. I tend to baby my cars and not run that hard and put them away wet. So I'm not to concerned about blowing one up. Let me know what you have for sale. Thanks

The difference was a two to a four piston design for the front calipers. My brake set up will still stop better than most cars on the road and if you are not racing it competitively it really doesn't matter. If that's what you are dead set on you could always swap them over. For guys who drag race actually like the 04 set up better as I believe it is more easily adaptable for more wheel choices​. I just listed my truck for sale the other day under "For Sale". You will have a very hard time finding a cleaner truck in this price range.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back