2006 Gear change

ajnwaterman

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to have my gears changed in Northern PA or Southern NY. I live in Painted Post, NY 14870.

Thanks

Andrew

Just curious what are you changing them to? The 04 had 4.11 and the 05-06 have the 4.56. I hear there is not much gain going to the 4.88.

edit see you have a rc....But i believe tators garage is up that way and i have never heard anything bad about the guy or his work!!! maybe some guys will chime in....smarter then me and jeff

edit see you have a rc....But i believe tators garage is up that way and i have never heard anything bad about the guy or his work!!! maybe some guys will chime in....smarter then me and jeff

Thanks dom, I'm flattered you compared your intellect to mine,.... but relieved the comparison didn't come from anyone else.

I have a 2006 RC. I was talking to Devin today from Unitrax about 5.13 gears. This is just a weekend truck and it never really sees the highway, I would like more low end around town. Just make it more fun to drive.

I have a 2006 RC. I was talking to Devin today from Unitrax about 5.13 gears. This is just a weekend truck and it never really sees the highway, I would like more low end around town. Just make it more fun to drive.

:hmmmm2: Thats high

Thanks dom, I'm flattered you compared your intellect to mine,.... but relieved the comparison didn't come from anyone else.

just looking at the facts, i couldnt be that dumb.....i mean i have managed to get along alright and raise an awesome family....im proud to call you son, jeff

I have an '04, and had the 4.88's put in... It was a great torque improvement and kept me at just over 60 going from 2nd to 3rd.... I would almost venture to say that going to 5.13's may be a little too low... anyway sorry I couldn't answer your question, but just my .02. My truck is just a weekend toy too... and the 4.88's seem to be perfect to me.... but then again I haven't tried the 5.13's...

With 5.13's, first and second will be useless without slicks. On the plus side, you should be able to get into 6th around 45.

I can get into 6th at 50 on flat roads and pull decent mpg.

I talked to someone from unitrax, they told me anything above 4.88 can lead to stuff busting.

I would be on the 5.13's in a heartbeat but a lot of my driving is interstate.
Would have to be a blast to drive.

I talked to someone from unitrax, they told me anything above 4.88 can lead to stuff busting.

Really...I talked to Devin from unitrax and he made it sound like 5.13 would not cause any problems..

He is checking to see if my truck has 4.10 or 4.56. He said if I have 4.56 now going to 4.88 won't make a big enough change to feel, thats why he recommened 5.13

But if my truck has 4.10's then I will be going to 4.88's for sure.

you say you are an 06 RC so you will have the 4.56. probably won't notice the difference much. use the money to upgrade for torque!

Cat delete is best bang for the buck. Lowering kit. Throttle body. These trucks really respond to nitrous. !

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back