2006 Mustang GT

ViperPoweredRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone here ever raced a stock mustang GT. i was just wondering how well they would hang with our trucks.

Yeah, theyre pretty fast, I was impressed how well one did, but i walked away easily, that was when my clutch was slipping also.

Misterhemi03 said:
Yeah, theyre pretty fast, I was impressed how well one did, but i walked away easily, that was when my clutch was slipping also.

well i say let's go hunt his ass down????
by the way, depends on the driver.... but they are slow ;) ;)

I SAW ONE 2 SATURDAYS AGO AT THE TRACK.... HE RUN A 9.02

I wouldn't think a stock one would give ya any trouble.......

Some of 'em do have a nice exhaust note tho.......

.........A GT500 is quite another story.............

SD

My buddy has one and we always face off at the track. He and I are both heavily modded now w/ NOS but stock for stock he ran a 13.4 on drag radials....so yeah heads up they are real close! His car responded to the NOS a lot better than my truck. He has a tune though and I'm still on stock timing. His best w/ a 100 shot so far is a 12.2 where i am lagging behind at a 12.7 w/ a 125 shot! WTF!?

Misterhemi03 said:
had one jump on me about 2 months ago i floored it and waved bye-bye,i slowed down he caught up and gave me the thumbs up.:rock: :D :burnout:

We did smoke one in DeKalk the other day. I think we took him off guard. Seeing two blondes in a QC, he wasn't ready for it! :) I heard tires squealing and knew he tried too hard! hahaha...maybe next time

Someone mentioned the GT500, I thought I saw somewhere the 0-60 time was only 4.6? Does anyone have the numbers on this car? To me 4.6 is slow for a 500HP car.

On a side note, why is it anything Ford wants to make "fast" they have to SC?

94rt10ohio said:
Someone mentioned the GT500, I thought I saw somewhere the 0-60 time was only 4.6? Does anyone have the numbers on this car? To me 4.6 is slow for a 500HP car.

On a side note, why is it anything Ford wants to make "fast" they have to SC?

The same is true for any manufacturer...... The easiest way to imporove power is forced induction.......... This isn't a Ford thing.....

Look at all the fastest or most powerful trucks on this site....... Forced induction is the answer....... Mine was the first SRT-10 truck to have a Paxton. I got it because it's the best and safest way to increase power........

I love my power increase with the Paxton....... As do all those who have SCs, turbos etc........ Some have created problems with too much boost or other power adders..... That's why I said stop at 600 rwhp......

But all things considered, forced induction rules.........

SD

Stock for stock it's all driver. The mustang is in no way a slow car. I've produced nothing but dissapointing times in my truck at the track. Granted it was over 100 out but it's still a dissapointment for the money.

Best 1/8th was something like a 9.4

Best 1/4th was a 14.4

I'll have to try now that it's cooler out. You shouldn't have to add mods to get decent times out of this truck, though.

I'm sure a good driver in a Mustang GT can hang with that. Sometimes my truck just feels like a dog.

ChristopherSRT10 said:
Stock for stock it's all driver. The mustang is in no way a slow car. I've produced nothing but dissapointing times in my truck at the track. Granted it was over 100 out but it's still a dissapointment for the money.

Best 1/8th was something like a 9.4

Best 1/4th was a 14.4

I'll have to try now that it's cooler out. You shouldn't have to add mods to get decent times out of this truck, though.

I'm sure a good driver in a Mustang GT can hang with that. Sometimes my truck just feels like a dog.

then maybe you should talk to ferraritruck, he ran 13's on stock?
by the way, he's a young guy i think 21-23 or so?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back