2009 Challenger R/T

BriteCrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.

I was on my way home today from registering for class (grad school, yay) when I drove past the Dodge dealer and saw a White Challenger sitting out front. Wait what!? White!? That's not an SRT!

So I pulled in to take a look at the car, it was a White SE fully loaded and it topped out about 27,000. Not bad for a sporty entry level coupe. Well, come to find out, they had a fully loaded red R/T. It was in detail from coming in on the truck, but I got to start it up and play with it a bit, hang out in it... and I really like the car.

So, talking to my wife when we got home, she put the ultimatum to me. I can trade the truck and get any challenger I want based on space (because I have a 72 Mach1 that I refuse to part with). My truck is paid for... but I think I just won at married life. I said "Well, what if we bought you a Challenger, and you can pick to drive your Magnum or Challenger every morning, and I'll take whatever is left of the two for the day for gas mileage" - way better than the truck's gas mileage, and keeps miles off it either way. I win in every possible way. I keep my truck, keep miles off it, and we're getting a Challenger R/T.

So here we are, now looking for a 2009 Challenger R/T in Dark Titanium or Black. If you Southeast guys hear of any pop up, don't hesitate to let me know... the hunt begins, and it's wife approved. Woot!

I just wish I could get it by the PCB GTG, so that she could bring it and I could bring the truck, alas, I am waiting to find the one we want and not overpay for the car, so it might be some time before we get it.

And, most of all... notice to folks waiting for 2009 Challengers: They're out! :congrats:

Big Worm said:
that is the drag package Challenger. Lite weight

Drag pack is a specialty order car.

They had 2 SE's on lot, base 22,000. One at 27,000 and one at 25,400.

The R/T on the lot was fully loaded and came in about 35,000. SRT 20's, Uconnect Nav, Sunroof, Leather, etc.

mauiSRT/10 said:
It would have to be an SRT or nothing for me. I just have to have all the power available!

Good hunting!!

patrick

.5 in the 1/4 mile for about $10,000 difference. Plus, I've got other SRT's :)

R/T for me!

BriteCrawler said:

R/T for me!

I hear ya dude..........I totally understand. I was just adding my 2 pennies!

What wheels come with the R/T? I do not like the srt ones at all. They look plastic to me.

patrick

BriteCrawler said:

R/T for me!

Misconception about the SRTs is the price....An SRT comes standard with many upgrades that are optional on the RT....if you ordered an RT with upgrades like leather that is standard on the SRT you would soon close that $10K gap.....this is without considering the SRT's 6.1 Hemi, racing brakes, suspension, on and on.....more difference in the SRT than just HP....the SRT package is a steal for what you get..

mauiSRT/10 said:
I hear ya dude..........I totally understand. I was just adding my 2 pennies!

What wheels come with the R/T? I do not like the srt ones at all. They look plastic to me.

patrick

Odd...the SRT8's are forged alum....RT's are plastic coated...;)

what are you TN boys doing up so late. How was that Race,if you need tickets my buddy can get you some, he has some that were like super efn close up

Big Worm said:
what are you TN boys doing up so late. How was that Race,if you need tickets my buddy can get you some, he has some that were like super efn close up

Dang...it is late....and my glass is empty...to bed I must go.....tickets?

Yea tickets to the Bristol races, so let me know. So if you are someone you know goes to the nascar races than let me know. I hope you can come up in Nov, would like to see the Night Runner

TNVIPER said:
Odd...the SRT8's are forged alum....RT's are plastic coated...;)

I have not seen the RT's wheels.................didnt know they were plastic. I just dont like the color of the forged alum ones. If I was to buy a Chally, I would probably get them painted or something. Its not the shape of the wheel just the color. Otherwise, its an awesome car.

Just like Joemags said........" its the only car I would trade the truck for."

Though, I dont see myself giving up my truck anytime soon.

patrick

I am waiting for the new 6.1. They revamped the 5.7 for more ponies and better MPGs. The 6.1 is soon to follow.

theres a burgundy or inferno red in montgomery,al saw it yesterday when i was dropping off the truck

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back