2011 mustang 5.0?

NightRunner248

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy has a 11 mustang 5.0, 6 speed manual, stock motor. He wants a heads up race. My 10 has cold air intake, true dual exhaust, sct tuner. I know i got him on power, but he has me on weight! I dont think he has much experience racing, esp a 6 speed. I think it could go either way!

Stop light to stop light you might have a chance, if he spins his ass off. On a track youll get him outta the hole, again only if he spins, then once rolling he's gone

Those cars run really good

Talked to a guy the other day who's 5.0 runs very similar times to my '10. Viperhauler raced a pair of them awhile back, with mixed results. The difference in a mid 13 second 5.0 and a very low 12 second 5.0 is the driver mod.

In other words, it's a drivers race.

I raced a modded 5.0 last week. He had me out of the hole, but I stayed with him. We had to shut things down at 160km/h for the next red light. Once Chris tunes my engine this weekend, it will be interesting to see what happens.:D

Jason (5.0), Ron and myself are really amazed how quick my truck is. I can't wait for the dyno tuning!:rock::rock:

Jason (5.0), Ron and myself are really amazed how quick my truck is. I can't wait for the dyno tuning!:rock::rock:

I am very anxious to see what your truck dyno's. Do you plan to run it down the track?

I am very anxious to see what your truck dyno's. Do you plan to run it down the track?

Our track closed last fall.:mad::mad:

I may have to borrow ronnies DR's and head up to Edmonton!:burnout::burnout:

two of my friends have one...

they're stupid quick... one last week at the track went 7.78, BONE STOCK down to the airbox with a set of slicks... full on slicks, but still...

you're gonna get your ass beat even if he misses a gear as long as he can get back in... i.e. missed 3rd, still tries and it goes...

the one 5.0 car i drove home and outran my own truck, lol... it's the brembo brake car, 3.55's, summer tires, bilstein suspension... we left the drag strip and my buddy drove my truck WITH my dr's on the back on the street and i drove his car back... i outran my truck on the street several times on the way home (i run low 8's in the 8th)... this is having never driven the car before! his car is bone stock...

another buddy has a 5.0 that's only got exhaust on it but it's got the all season tires and the softer suspension... i beat his car every time i race him, BUT he's not a good driver in that car...

the shifters feel like a spoon in a bowl of gravy:puke:

but anyways... as long as this guy hits his gears (even short shifting) you're gonna get ran all over... trust me...

Our track closed last fall.:mad::mad:

I may have to borrow ronnies DR's and head up to Edmonton!:burnout::burnout:

COME ON UP!! Glad to have ya!! There is a blue Lightning that frequents the track. He might need to be beatup on some! :chain::D:D

New track for Calgary (near Balzac) in 2013.

In the meantime...Edmonton has always had a good track that is consistently 4 tenths and 4 m.p.h. faster than Calgary. Of course that 1000 foot drop in elevation between Edmonton and Calgary helps with those numbers immensely...

The new 5.0s are fast. Jason's has an auto with headers, x pipe, cold air kit and tune. And with those few mods, we are able to thoroughly confuse some of the 550 horse Shelbys on a 20 to 250 km/hr. sprint.

We are shifting the auto at 7200-7300 and it loves it. It would be a little rocket at sea-level !!!

Burt's truck had a race with the 5.0 and surprised us all. His truck is going to be a total animal once it gets dialed in...

So Nightrunner248, don't underestimate those new 302s... That 5.0 cylinder head is one of the very best heads Ford has developed and it shows in performance.
Once again Great Heads= Great Performance !

33 miles per gallon is a nice bonus too...

Have Fun, Play Safe!

Last edited:
Burt's truck had a race with the 5.0 and surprised us all. His truck is going to be a total animal once it gets dialed in...

Once again, great heads = great performance.

Only three more sleeps!!!:D:D:D

What is the race? Lotsa of SRT trucks embarrassed me at PCB and I was a newbie racer with a 575HP Saleen Mustang in 1/8th mile track. By time I got out of the hole and got traction they had me beat. Basically don't worry about the car - worry about the driving ability of the driver!

What is the race? Lotsa of SRT trucks embarrassed me at PCB and I was a newbie racer with a 575HP Saleen Mustang in 1/8th mile track. By time I got out of the hole and got traction they had me beat. Basically don't worry about the car - worry about the driving ability of the driver!

Everyone sucks in a new car. You have to learn what it likes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back