2011 mustang shelby cobra gt500 triple black

Outlawl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the local dealership has one of these in the show room. sitting on F1 tires.

I have to admit i was impressed, it looked like the best overall package next to the challenger RT ( to me the chally looks feels like a sedan with 2 doors missing), the corvette and the camaro SS. The shelby just looks plain wicked under the hood.

the only bad thing is the solid rear axle. Is an IRS that important ? I love my viper but I hate the wieght shift on the long twisty mountain highways I drive on.

What is the consensus best buy shelby gt500 vs camaro ltz vs challenger rt392?

I drove a Camaro SS last month for about a week. Great comfortable car... good power, but felt HEAVY. Real light clutch too (something I don't like). It felt big, but when you threw it around a little, it was actually pretty nimble. The ride quality and creature comforts were fantastic though. And I think it's the best looking car of all the current "muscle cars". It's not as HUGE as the Challenger either. Chally's just feel like I need a Captain's License to drive one. :eek:

If I'm not mistaken, the GT500 will have a IRS next year, along with a tweaked Coyote 5.0L... that will really be awesome! The current GT500 has great power, but as you suspect, the handling just isn't there. Ford has taken the solid axle rear to it's 10th/10th.... but it just don't deliver in the corners like a IRS does. I'm actually really surprised the GT500 has a solid axle.... the Terminator Cobras all had IRS. :dontknow: Of course, those guys all changed them out to solid because they wanted to drag race. :rolleyes: So I guess the "grass is always greener...." :laugh:

I've enjoyed my '09 GT500. it's not going to handle like a Viper or a Vette, but I would be surprised if the Camaro and Challenger could outrun it in a straight line or a road course, stock for stock.

Take the thing for a drive! If it is an '11, then it is already one model year old, since there are plenty of '12s on the lots. They should let you drive the car.

i was next to a red/white gt500 at a light last week, he got on it a little in first gear, nothin crazy.

but lets just say i can see why Troy likes them so much

It is still a Mustang. Identical to the one in the next block.

and plenty of people say that about a truck with a Viper motor... its still a Ram pickup. They don't understand why I/we think it is cool to own a truck with a 500hp motor.

I've enjoyed my '09 GT500. it's not going to handle like a Viper or a Vette, but I would be surprised if the Camaro and Challenger could outrun it in a straight line or a road course, stock for stock.

Take the thing for a drive! If it is an '11, then it is already one model year old, since there are plenty of '12s on the lots. They should let you drive the car.

its got f1 tires on it , maybe I should.

I went to go take a look at it again today with a friend but had flip flops on so we said forget it. Its got the hid headlights and that engine bay....

I may buy this 96 cobra as a dd, the guy is waffling on the smog cert and I may just go with a 66 vw bug for laughs and cheaper gas.

96 mustang cobra vert

cobra vert

66 vw Bug $3,000

the bug ( zee germanss really make cute little cars! this one has a shiny new motor and clean engine bay, mechanic owned)

I am a few years yet from being in the position to buy a brand new gt500, but hey a guy can dream can't he?:dontknow:

toying with the idea of trading in the 10 but it just too unique and bad ass to let go.

Well I don't think a need to comment much as some of yall have heard me say this WILL be my next car.....But you need to get the SVT/Electronics package. At least the SVT package which comes with different gears F1 tires on lighter wheels and come with the skinney stripes versus the fat stripes unless it has the stripe delete option. They are bad cars no doubt, do they have a few things that could be better? Yes.....I think this is why we mod our rides so why complain!

I like the body of the Camaro but after riding in them, me personally am just not satisfied with them at all.... I love the Challey's but havnt had the oppotunity to get in a new 392....but for the price of the new 392's id take a 2011+ 500....just my preference

Oh and im pretty set on a 500 unless something else comes out that can change my mind before I'm ready to buy. And I love the 10's. When the current CE posted for sale I was pretty excited because I was thinking about pursueing it, got the approval from the old lady but I would be back to square one and still wanting a fast car...... don't have the cash for both....

Well I don't think a need to comment much as some of yall have heard me say this WILL be my next car.....But you need to get the SVT/Electronics package. At least the SVT package which comes with different gears F1 tires on lighter wheels and come with the skinney stripes versus the fat stripes unless it has the stripe delete option. They are bad cars no doubt, do they have a few things that could be better? Yes.....I think this is why we mod our rides so why complain!I like the body of the Camaro but after riding in them, me personally am just not satisfied with them at all.... I love the Challey's but havnt had the oppotunity to get in a new 392....but for the price of the new 392's id take a 2011+ 500....just my preference

agree %100. no car is perfect. every vehicle has its achilles tendon.

that IS why we mod. and i dont car e what anyone says, the gt500's are bad mammajammas.

and i HATE mustangs, so yes, this is a nonbias remark

agree %100. no car is perfect. every vehicle has its achilles tendon.

that IS why we mod. and i dont car e what anyone says, the gt500's are bad mammajammas.

and i HATE mustangs, so yes, this is a nonbias remark

No doubt bro....but like I said i like the camaro's and challey's!!! There all sick....but overal i just have a favorite for the price...

No doubt bro....but like I said i like the camaro's and challey's!!! There all sick....but overal i just have a favorite for the price...

Exactly... if you like a 2+2 American made performance car, then chances are good something about all 3 of them will turn your crank a little.

I like them all too... but I was only choosing one.

As far as modding... the most affordable is also the GT500.

oh come on. My Chally is only like 16 ft long :D

No dont get me wrong i do like them . A couple guys in my local car club have them . One has a plum crazy that is sick a couple have the 392 . Im just a mustang guy . But i love my truck i dont think i can sell it . so the mustang will have to wait till the truck is paid off or wifey will kill me .

I have owned 4 Mustangs. I wanted something different this time.

Back