315/30/22

not saying i am getting these i am just looking to see what my options are for a little but wider tire even though it is going from a 40 to 30 with a 315 i don't think it will be that much of a height difference.

i've heard of vredestein...

but i'd be more concerned with poppin' the tire... 30 series is a pretty small sidewall...

i wouldn't run them...

and i've got "half moons" rubbed in my bedside fenderwells from "spirited" driving;) on the oem size... any wider and i'd be rubbing bad...

i don't see the point in them...

plus for 300 a pop... you can find a better tire...

I thought they made a 315 with a taller sidewall.

interesting...been wanting to go wider, but the 40 series would be taller. what is the overall dia.?

I think it's 30" from what i gather, if thats the case not to much of a drop, 31" 305 40 22.

so about .5 of a drop.

some quick calculations....

oem-(305/40/22) 31.6" dia.
315/30/22-29.4" dia.
315/40/22-31.9" dia.

i like that idea with the 315, over all tire 2 inches shorter so ya get another 1 inch drop overall.. so ya get a 3/5 drop thats the lowering kit of choice lol... i think my next set will be 315/30s

5227094691_604a146316_b.jpg

shit go with a set of these

315/25/22

Pirelli PZero Nero

SWEEEET 3.4 inches over all lower thats a solid 1.7inch drop.. ssiiick

Hey man,
you shouldn't buy tires thinking you are going to drop the height of your truck, that is a dumb idea. i only posted that up here because I was looking for a wider tire in a 22". a 25 series is a bad idea on a 1/2 ton truck just my 2 cents

what's wrong with a 25? or what problems are you thinking of?? i have no idea so just curious..

I love the look of that 25 series above and if your truck picked up an extra 2 inch in the drop that would be sweet... atleast i think so.

unless there is something detrimental

this is why i don't ever post stuff on forums. IF you want to lower your truck then buy a different suspension. i was ONLY LOOKING FOR A WIDER TIRE and it just so happened that i could only find a 315/30/22. if you keep dropping the size of you side wall it will ride rough and increase the chance of damaging wheels with pot holes etc... if you plan on trying to lower your truck by reducing you side wall height, then maybe you should not own a truck and go buy a pedal bike.

Last edited:
Im only asking why would you not do this,, I do not know why you wouldnt, and you seam to.. is there a reason? or just your opinion.

I have the lower suspension.. 2 front 4 rear..

this is why i don't ever post stuff on forums. IF you want to lower your truck then buy a different suspension. i was ONLY LOOKING FOR A WIDER TIRE and it just so happened that i could only find a 315/30/22. if you keep dropping the size of you side wall it will ride rough and increase the chance of damaging wheels with pot holes etc... if you plan on trying to lower your truck by reducing you side wall height, then maybe you should not own a truck and go buy a pedal bike.

if you keep dropping the size of you side wall it will ride rough and increase the chance of damaging wheels with pot holes etc...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back