4 or 5 Point Seat Belt Group Buy?

Prof

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK we all are aware that we have performance trucks. We understand that these trucks are capable of incredible acceleration and top end speed. In my opinion one of the options that should have come with this truck is a 4 or 5 point seat belt, with a quick release.

While they may be a little overkill for most, there are some of us that drive these vehicles hard.

First, lets discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a better restraint system and maybe one of our vendors can come up with a possible group purchase for this modification...

What do you think? I for one think that it is a logical extension of what we normally do with our trucks...post up please!

i want to see hear that roe beg for mercy at the nats...lol mutt did a good job on his. reckon he would cover em for us..lol

I agree Prof, As it has been through the years of car development,I believe that the restraint systems and design lack the common sense to save lives to the fullest extent....why do the designers and manufacturers keep adding expensive restraints/airbags,etc?---It appears to me that using true and tested restraints used in racing would be the most effetive and safe route to take. Not to mention a hell of a lot cheaper...

Last edited:
I want them, but I can not find ones to work with the stock seats....

I think there is a "Kool" factor here too...taking a few more seconds to attach all of the belts into a high quality shiny quick release (with a Viper Fang Emblem) makes several very vivid statements.

For a four or five point system you would either have to buy new seats, or modify the stock seats for the shoulder and anti-submarine belts to pass through.

oh yea --Kool and safer--thats the ticket---design would have to work with the stock seats---just think , make millions incorperating them into every vehicle in the world--

i wonder if a upholstry shop could modify the seat alone to accept the 5 pt harness? might be worth checking into

You really need a roll cage to tie them to. In a severe crash without a roll cage the 5 point will just keep most of the body parts in one place. They do look cool though. My truck is too slow for a 5 point!!!!

I just wanted to bring up the point that i totally agree with the safe point of view..
but cool.. i suppose it wouldn't look bad specially if your at the track that night etc etc..
But to get groceries, go shopping even stopping at the gym.. might look overkill IMO.. :dontknow:

Sharpi

My co-worker just finished a ProStreet build of his 67 Nova. He put 4 points in his. Yes they look cool but they are a huge freaking pain in the a$$ to get in and out of.

No way I would take on that pain every time I strap into my truck.:eek:

Kc1+fHFvGtQ--YHIB-tbby6ycylVl6+Y0300.jpg

bnoMpNMbxo1ij2PTVuEtCOANhqENja8t0300.jpg

OEUvtCcGoLeRyUflGEEWvVgmMr2cGtyl0300.jpg

K4WzT8rMkhlOfGrci26kIBdwbT0zV7vn0300.jpg

ViperTruck2933 said:
My co-worker just finished a ProStreet build of his 67 Nova. He put 4 points in his. Yes they look cool but they are a huge freaking pain in the a$$ to get in and out of.

No way I would take on that pain every time I strap into my truck.:eek:

Nah, you just leave the factory belts in so you have a choice, like in the photos above.

BigRed460 said:
I want them, but I can not find ones to work with the stock seats....

:dito:

Where does one purchase the harness bar mentioned in the previous posts? Could Justin fab one and powerdercoat it?

I think it is time for Kevin to get involved...inventor....come to our aid!

Prof said:
OK we all are aware that we have performance trucks. We understand that these trucks are capable of incredible acceleration and top end speed. In my opinion one of the options that should have come with this truck is a 4 or 5 point seat belt, with a quick release.

While they may be a little overkill for most, there are some of us that drive these vehicles hard.

First, lets discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a better restraint system and maybe one of our vendors can come up with a possible group purchase for this modification...

I agree Prof. I was thinking about this since we discussed the helmet issue. Is there a good 5 point quick release out there that is stylish yet does a good safe job?

Perry

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back